isync and palm tungsten e problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey there-

i have a tiBook and just got a tungsten e. it syncs just fine with hotsync, and just fine with isync, provided i have it skip syncing with ical. if i do that, it will sit there forever, while the palm and hotsync claim its syncing the address book and isync claims its syncing ical. (and it won't let me open ical at that time because its updating things). i've tried reseting things, but to no avail. i've tried syncing only one test calendar that only had one event on it, but it still sits there and spins its wheels forever. help!

thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by triMe

hey there-

i have a tiBook and just got a tungsten e. it syncs just fine with hotsync, and just fine with isync, provided i have it skip syncing with ical. if i do that, it will sit there forever, while the palm and hotsync claim its syncing the address book and isync claims its syncing ical. (and it won't let me open ical at that time because its updating things). i've tried reseting things, but to no avail. i've tried syncing only one test calendar that only had one event on it, but it still sits there and spins its wheels forever. help!

thanks!

Make sure you have the latest version of iSync, the latest iSync Palm Conduit, and the latest Palm Desktop first.

iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit can be found here: Apple's iSync page. Palm Desktop is here: PalmOne's Palm Desktop for Mac page.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by wrldwzrd89

Make sure you have the latest version of iSync, the latest iSync Palm Conduit, and the latest Palm Desktop first.

iSync and the iSync Palm Conduit can be found here: Apple's iSync page. Palm Desktop is here: PalmOne's Palm Desktop for Mac page.

i have nearly all the latest updates (however, i'm running palm desktop 4.1 instead of 4.2.1, they are supposed to send me a link to download it but no luck yet). it should still work.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

i have nearly all the latest updates (however, i'm running palm desktop 4.1 instead of 4.2.1, they are supposed to send me a link to download it but no luck yet). it should still work.

an update: everything is now the latest version of everything and i've narrowed down the problem to be either in ical or isync. i believe this because syncing ical with my ipod doesn't work either (but i can still sync address book ok). any thoughts? i'm thinking of going to the local apple store tomorrow and see if they have any ideas.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

an update: everything is now the latest version of everything and i've narrowed down the problem to be either in ical or isync. i believe this because syncing ical with my ipod doesn't work either (but i can still sync address book ok). any thoughts? i'm thinking of going to the local apple store tomorrow and see if they have any ideas.

Good idea, triMe. I'm stumped.