What will we see on the 27th??

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
once again it has gotten quiet....to quiet....we know the iMac and eMac are due (long overdue) a revision or two...and the PowerMac....hell i won't even talk about that....but i hear whispers of the 27th as the day...Ok not whispers but out and out screams from our favorite cystal meth boy....will it just be updates and revisions, or something new altogether??/ g

Comments

• Reply 1 of 103
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    I haven't heard the 27th mentioned, where is this info coming from?
  • Reply 2 of 103
    PPC 970 + nVidia GeForce FX?

• Reply 3 of 103
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    possibly a silent update of iMacs next tuesday the 28th, which would just make it in January.
  • Reply 4 of 103
    Monday
  • Reply 4 of 103
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Apple users will go to war with Iraq after Hans Blix announces that Saddam Hussein is in posession of PPC 970 chips, in violation of international agreements.
  • Reply 6 of 103
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    So typical of Jobs to use the fight against terrorism as a cover to acquire and control Iraq's vast resources of... um... clock cycles...

Filthy bastard!

Screed ...Hussein's got huge... tracts of land!
  • Reply 7 of 103
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Isn't the 27th the day war broke out
  • Reply 8 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by Addison:

<strong>Isn't the 27th the day war broke out</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, Jan. 16th, 1991.

tsukurite
  • Reply 9 of 103
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    How typical of Apple to be late. Intel would have bombed Iraq 18 months ago.
  • Reply 10 of 103
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    New AirPort Cards.
  • Reply 11 of 103
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    I have inside info that something will be updated within the next three months.
  • Reply 12 of 103
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Oh you're just saying that.

• Reply 13 of 103
    I believe we shall see a little something next week. I believe, I believe, I believe....

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 14 of 103
    what do you think? maybe just an updated G4? perhaps topping out at 1.67GHz? or maybe that is too much of a jump. Perhaps 1.4GHz would be more likely (please give excuse, I am not aware of how G4 scales, so I am not sure what speeds are technically possible).

I think that.
  • Reply 15 of 103
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Well I'm gonna be floating (on a ship) somewhere in the middle of the Caribbean (Jan into Feb) and while I'm just as hooked on any mac updates... I think I can wait till I get back to hear about it...

Fact is, I'm just dying to get away from this crappy NYC weather! We haven't seen any temps above the freezing mark since I dunno when... and yea I know other people have it worse but for NYC it just isn't NORMAL!!!

Dave
  • Reply 15 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by Mandricard:

<strong>I believe we shall see a little something next week. I believe, I believe, I believe....

Mandricard

AppleOutsider</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, the PowerMacs were not updated immediately following the iMac release last year..it took a while but the update was decent.
  • Reply 17 of 103
    gelding it IS too quiet...

weren't the powermacs updated like a few weeks after mwsf last year? i have never seen it so dead rumor-wise... usually around this time we'd have blurry screenshots, diagrams, etc. now nothing. what has steve got a torture chamber in the basement over there in cupertino?

heck send the inspectors over there to see if apple has any powerful "chips of mass destruction"
  • Reply 17 of 103
    New PowerBooks! With 19" screens and DUAL G4s inside! Sell your "old" 17" PowerBook while you still can!
  • Reply 19 of 103
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by tsukurite:

<strong>

Nope, Jan. 16th, 1991.

tsukurite</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, the 17th, my birthday, I still have the front page of the newspaper.
  • Reply 20 of 103
    [quote]Originally posted by KidRed:

<strong>

Nope, the 17th, my birthday, I still have the front page of the newspaper.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was the 16th (in the evening our time), so it would not have been front page news until 1/17.

I recall that it was a Wednesday.