23" alum apple cinema displays are CRAP!

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    gambitgambit Posts: 475member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cake

Yeah, that's good. Judging a Cinema Display by one that's sitting in a CompUSA.

Ever hooked one up to a PowerMac and calibrated it properly?

I have and it looks amazing.

Wake up.

Cake: just because you don't have it, doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist. Just because other people's opinions differ from yours, doesn't mean it's any less valid.

Instead of waking up, maybe you should grow up.

This is only a nasty thread because of the ignorance some of the users are showing. YOU spend 2000 dollars on a f*cking monitor that is so badly out of spec, it's shameful. Then YOU deal with a company whose official policy is to deny things they know are facts, and the fact is the first month's batch of 23" displays were ALL botched up.

Ignorant comments like "Sucks to be you" and "Calibrate your monitors and wake up" only add to the perception that a lot of Mac users are arrogant fuckheads who only care about problems when it hits them.

Apple states on their web site that these 23" displays are perfectly useable for color correction and color-specific applications out of the box. Don't tell me to f*cking calibrate it when Apple's own marketing states that such an action is unnecessary, and one would presume such quality is reflected in the price we chose to pay.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I have witnessed the displays being pink tinted in the Tigard OR Apple Store. I know these guys know what they are doing, so... you do the math.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    So is the problem with ACD's only or with the panel, ie. do the HP's have the same problem?
  • Reply 64 of 68
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

So is the problem with ACD's only or with the panel, ie. do the HP's have the same problem?

As far as I've seen and read it is specific to the 23" ADC (Apple).
  • Reply 65 of 68
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    No doubt they'll fix this, it's a Rev A. of the aluminum displays.
  • Reply 66 of 68
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

grow the fuck up.

ok everybody group hug, play nicely now

(Applenut I'm not aiming this at you)
  • Reply 67 of 68
    vdervder Posts: 3member
    Its a shame things get nasty for no reason