Bluetooth interfering with airport connection

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I recently recieved an IBook 14in, 1ghz, G4 for christmas. I went shopping yesterday and bought a bluetooth adapter and a wireless mouse. The mouse works great but it has diminished my internet connection down to none or one bar in my room, which previously had a fine connection. I thought I read on apples website that the two didnt interfere with eachother? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Shouldn't have any effect at all. If you disconnect the adapter, but leave the mouse on, does your signal come back?

If so, I'd say you have a faulty adapter.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dank3

I recently recieved an IBook 14in, 1ghz, G4 for christmas. I went shopping yesterday and bought a bluetooth adapter and a wireless mouse. The mouse works great but it has diminished my internet connection down to none or one bar in my room, which previously had a fine connection. I thought I read on apples website that the two didnt interfere with eachother? Any suggestions?

yeah, there should be no interference, i have both in my house and they're both fine
  • Reply 3 of 3
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    I?ve seen some interference with my Apple Bluetooth mouse when I?m transferring files through a shared Internet connection via Airport. The mouse becomes very unresponsive, jerks allot.