AlBook not starting...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Something wierd happened today. I started by powerbook up after work. It beeped at me 3 times, then the sleep light came on, and turned off-on 3 times. Not much more happened... What does it mean? (other than, presumably, a trip back to Apple?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    If it was plugged in try rebooting. If you were on battery, plug it in, the battery was probably all but depleted.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    It seems to be working ok again now... Wierd. The problem wasn't with the power - it had the problem with both the battery and the power in, or with either. This was during startup - not coming out of sleep.

I'm glad it's working again, but am now slightly worried that it'll happen again in the future...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    This sounds exactly like I have seen my PB react when the battery is at a couple percent and I thought it was plugged in, but wasn't quite there. The plug was in, but not seated and the power indicator light on the plug was not on. A little jiggle and everything works, including waking up which it stubbornly refused to do before the jiggles.