iChat AV alternative

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm very stuck on what to do for an IM program. i am currently using iChat over something such as gaim because of the AV. there prospects for iChat 3.0 look decent. but im still upset that i hear no word that yahoo or even msn will not work with iChat 3.0. but i am glad to hear the tab feature will be coming. along with some other things. so does anyone know a good alternative to iChat unless 3.0 is going to use yahoo IM. and the features i find important for an IM program are basicaly something like gaim. but with AV. does anyone know if apple will add yahoo im to iChat? i know there adding jabber.

or an alternative. i want the AV easy to use with my iSight. the group or "tab" iming. and saving transcripts of the ims. and just an over all good program. thanks in advance.

andy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by fleebailey33

I'm very stuck on what to do for an IM program. i am currently using iChat over something such as gaim because of the AV. there prospects for iChat 3.0 look decent. but im still upset that i hear no word that yahoo or even msn will not work with iChat 3.0. but i am glad to hear the tab feature will be coming. along with some other things. so does anyone know a good alternative to iChat unless 3.0 is going to use yahoo IM. and the features i find important for an IM program are basicaly something like gaim. but with AV. does anyone know if apple will add yahoo im to iChat? i know there adding jabber.

or an alternative. i want the AV easy to use with my iSight. the group or "tab" iming. and saving transcripts of the ims. and just an over all good program. thanks in advance.

andy

I am not aware of anything that will suit your needs. My best advice is for you to keep a close eye on Adium (presumably you know about it)... AV support is not yet there, but they know it is heavily requested and may work on it for future releases.

Until then, just do what I do... Use Adium for normal chatting, and when you need AV, open up the official client.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    how does adium compare to Fire?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    something i've noticed with iChat AV:

when my BL is open, everything runs much, much slower, but as soon as i close the window, there is no more lag anymore. weird. and sucky