New ATI Card

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2005/4808.html

Now is this a planned quiet release or another media foul up between manufacturer and Apple?

Owen

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Oh yes oh yes oh yes

And this thing TROUNCES the 6800 Ultra DLL, for $100 less.

Barefeats benchmarks
  • Reply 2 of 5
    well I am happy for all of the people that have been posting requests...Hell, prayers for this thing ever since it came out. Hopefully I can afford to buy a new G5 in the near future and can take advantage of this bad boy myself.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I want my ATI X800 card but I can't find it anywhere to buy! I know it was just released today, but could someone point me in the right direction?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    :-):-) Posts: 110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

I want my ATI X800 card but I can't find it anywhere to buy! I know it was just released today, but could someone point me in the right direction?

If you follow the barefeats link in one of the above posts, there's a where to buy section in the end.

:-)
  • Reply 5 of 5
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Owen

[URL]

Now is this a planned quiet release or another media foul up between manufacturer and Apple?

Owen

Not sure what you mean. ATI announced a retail Radeon X800 XT 8x AGP Pro card for the Power Mac G5. Why would that be a media foul up between ATI and Apple? ATI didn't announce any new Apple hardware.

By the way, I checked all the links that Barefeats had on where to buy and basically you can't buy it anywhere yet as no-one lists it yet. The links on barefeats point to items not found or lists of ATI products which doesn't include the Radeon X800 XT.