Mactv "Pippin" my ride - Mac fans post pics of your rides

Comments

• Reply 21 of 56
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

W

I prefer my Mazda Miata 1.6 '99 (Limited Edition 'Magic'):

So Miatas are only 1.6L in Europe, huh. . . I think they're 1.8L in America and Japan, which ends up making them quite speedy.

I was looking at the new Miata Turbo a few weeks ago, but the front air scoop is a bit ugly. The upcoming MX-5, which will be built on the RX-8 chassis, will be more interesting.

Too bad it's not supposed to have a 1.3L engine. (RX-5!) I think they are going with the 2.3L 4 in the current Mazda3S, but may switch to high output 2L that's supposed to show up soon in the Mazdaspeed3.
  • Reply 22 of 56
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
  • Reply 23 of 56
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

So Miatas are only 1.6L in Europe, huh. . . I think they're 1.8L in America and Japan, which ends up making them quite speedy.

You can also get a 1.9l version (146 hp) here. My 1.6l (110 hp) has a max speed of about 120 mph, which is enough for my needs. At over 100 mph it gets a bit loud with the top down... I prefer highways to the Autobahn anyway: more curves - more fun
  • Reply 24 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by GSpotter

Comparing the two cars, I wasn't impressed by the Smart:

* I didn't like the the 'automatic'

Yeah, could be better. But with the "Sport Equipment" you'll get Tiptronic (change gears with buttons at the steering weel), and then it's real fun.

Quote:

* It was far more difficult and incomfortable to enter the Smart than the Miata even though the cars are both very low.

You have to get used to it. After two months practicing, no problem. 8)

Quote:

* Opening the roof (and that's the whole point of roadster) in the smart is a pain in the ass: You have get out of the car to put the two bars from above the windows into their holdings under the hood.

No problem for me: I got the hard top, and this can be removed and stoved in less than two minutes. Not as nice as automatic, but it works ok.

Quote:

* The interior just looks cheap and plasticy.

Well yes, but I kind of like it.

For me, the Smart is OK, I like the style and it fits me well. And I wanted to have something different. Think Different.
  • Reply 25 of 56
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durin oakenskin

Yeah, could be better. But with the "Sport Equipment" you'll get Tiptronic (change gears with buttons at the steering weel), and then it's real fun.

My car had the same equipment. I tried using the buttons, but holding the wheel so I could reach the buttons felt awkward. Maybe with some more practice ... But I personally prefer the short 'joystick' of my car. If you like the buttons - great.

Quote:

No problem for me: I got the hard top, and this can be removed and stoved in less than two minutes. Not as nice as automatic, but it works ok.

I had the 'automatic' roof. Without removing the bars, you practically just have a coupé with a sliding roof. I can open or close my roof in less than 10 seconds without leaving my seat. We have quite many Smart Roadsters here (the DCX and smart HQs are in the area), and I see much less Smarts completely open than other roadsters. Probably it's too much of a hassle to remove the bars on short distances for most owners...

Quote:

For me, the Smart is OK, I like the style and it fits me well. And I wanted to have something different. Think Different.

To each his own, that's the whole point of having choices . As Smart is one of our customers, I'm happy with every sold Smart, too .

There was another killer criteria for me: The 'trunk' is just too small. I do archery as a hobby and my bow case doesn't fit neither in the front compartment nor in the rear 'glass box'.
  • Reply 26 of 56
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member

2003 Corolla LE
  • Reply 27 of 56
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    I always think of the Smart as a 21st century bugeye sprite. Not sure I like it though. How can anyone diss the Mini? If an AWD version ever came out, I might have to break my "no new cars" rule. Then again, for the cost, you could build up one hell of an El Camino!

I liked the look of the face-lifted Miata when it first appeared, but the face looks sorta bland. And what's up with Mazda and the piss poor sports car ergos (for anyone over 6'4") Having sampled the RX-8, and the RX-7, and merely sat in the Miata, from which I was looking right over the windscreen (!). They really would be great sports cars, even better with a GM 350 small block instead of that rotary nonesense
  • Reply 28 of 56
    I love my 2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI. Black Leather interior. Monsoon Sound System.

I get a solid 42 miles per gal and the car is not yet broken in completely.

Fellowship
  • Reply 29 of 56
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Here are a few shots of "Boxy" from Boxy Shots (larger images there). Sorry the shots are taken with a crappy camera and the driveway is slanted haha.

I use a Griffin iTrip and place the iPod in the passenger square holder on the far right of the last image (you can barely see it).
  • Reply 30 of 56
    My car is not worth posting. My parents BMW is however. But since its about our rides here is something a little different. My Ellsworth Truth is worth about AU$4.5K more then my little Mazda.

For any mountain bikers out there: 23.5Lbs Weight: 2004 Ellsworth Truth, King ISO wheelset, SRAM XO, FSA Carbon Pros, Egg Beater Twin Ti, Easton EC70 Bars and post, Selle Italia SLR, Shimano XT/XTR Disk Brakes..... It rides like a dream.

• Reply 31 of 56
  • Reply 32 of 56
    ^

Hey, same color as johnsocal's Mini, EmAn's Corolla and my ZX! Sweeeet.
  • Reply 33 of 56
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    I am contemplating buying/building this one:

I like to PS vehicles to give me ideas about how they will look.

I really NEED a truck so I am looking at this one:

I am not sure why yellow appeals to me, but hey, why fight it.
  • Reply 34 of 56
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member

Just bought it a week ago. It was on sale, half price. I waited in line from ten the night before until 8 AM. I got it for $1000

Campagnolo Centaur 20 group

Campagnolo Scirocco wheels

Standard 7005 alu frame

9,4 kg

I´ll buy a better frame soon.

On the first I´ll buy another one, a city bike. Perhaps this one:

• Reply 35 of 56
    cmacma Posts: 25member
    My 2 cents

last year during a summertrip.

girlfriend in the hummer beeing helped by me.

big bad "hummer" front.
  • Reply 37 of 56
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CMA

My 2 cents

You disgust me. No blood for oil. Fur is murder. Free Tibet.
  • Reply 38 of 56
    Answer this CMA, and be honest. Does that thing actually get DIRTY or is it only show?
  • Reply 39 of 56
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I just got mine back . . . it was getting a tune up

I saw this thread so I had my man take a picture:

BTW: nothng is more absurd and embarassing as seeing someone driving a Hummer . .

Its like seeing someone's hash-marked underwear in public . . . it is so transparent . . . and if you don't know what I mean . . . don't bother replying...
  • Reply 40 of 56
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I saw this thread so I had my man take a picture

Waitaminute. You're talking about the transparency of people driving Hummers and yet...you have a "man" who you can simply order to take a picture?