OFFICIAL NFL thread

189111314

Comments

  • Reply 201 of 278
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Yeah, the play by play guy overreacted. I didn't notice Aikman or Collinsworth being too upset. CC even seemed slightly amused when it first happened.



    I thought it was a dumb thing to do, but Moss is a dumb guy. He seemed to be going out of the way to be "model teammate" up until then, too.



    What I can't figure out is how he got all that hair in his helmet.







    J
  • Reply 202 of 278
    Colts vs. Rams in Superbowl
  • Reply 203 of 278
    I wish the Chargers would have made it past the Jets.



    I think all of the teams with a bye (Atlanta, Philadelphia, New England, and Pittsburgh) will beat this week's winners.



    Although my pre-season prediction for a Super Bowl (Minnesota vs. New England) is still possible...for another week, at least.
  • Reply 204 of 278
    Quote:

    Was the "faux mooning" touchdown celebration over the line or not?



    Over the line? That's the NFL to figure out. Inventive? Maybe. Classless? Definitely. Amusing? Not in the least.



    This what I can't figure, everyone gives TO crap about his TD dances but at least his dances are amusing, plus I think he's a better receiver than Moss. Moss better catch some shit on this.
  • Reply 205 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by LiquidR

    Over the line? That's the NFL to figure out. Inventive? Maybe. Classless? Definitely. Amusing? Not in the least.



    This what I can't figure, everyone gives TO crap about his TD dances but at least his dances are amusing, plus I think he's a better receiver than Moss. Moss better catch some shit on this.




    I've been noticing more players that toss the football into the audience (or to the ref) and maybe doing a high-five or fist in the air type celebration. Hopefully this catches on.



    I thought Moss' actions were silly, but I don't think he deserves a fine or anything. I think his fuzz-mop of a hairdo is more amusing than any of is TD dances. At least this season Moss seems a bit more focused on playing football.
  • Reply 206 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Gizzmonic

    I wish the Chargers would have made it past the Jets.



    I think all of the teams with a bye (Atlanta, Philadelphia, New England, and Pittsburgh) will beat this week's winners.



    Although my pre-season prediction for a Super Bowl (Minnesota vs. New England) is still possible...for another week, at least.




    I was hoping for the Chargers to win as well. Would've been a great spite to Eli Manning, who portrayed the Chargers as a go nowhere team. What was Eli's record again this season?



    The Colts have to face the Pats next weekend and I see the Pats winning. The Pats D works very well against a passing offense. Still, whoever wins this game has to face the Steelers.
  • Reply 207 of 278
    thttht Posts: 4,072member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by LiquidR

    Over the line? That's the NFL to figure out. Inventive? Maybe. Classless? Definitely. Amusing? Not in the least.



    I thought it was pretty humorous. But then again, I'm on the Viking side of the Vikings-Packers rivalry.



    Quote:

    This what I can't figure, everyone gives TO crap about his TD dances but at least his dances are amusing, plus I think he's a better receiver than Moss. Moss better catch some shit on this.



    My main question is that I think FOX is trying to manufacture controversy from a fairly harmless touchdown celebration routine in order to pump up ratings. It's the typical excess of hype they employ all the time. That and it is very easy for them to go into superior, righteous histrionics about it.



    Moss is like Sawyer from Lost, an anti-hero figure for Vikes fans, who enjoys pissing people off, and the more pissed of they are, the better. With Owens gone, it's like Moss gets to play the role of "talented but no class" all by himself now. Ignoring it is the best ploy.



    If you think Owens hasn't done something worse, just look at what he did against the Cowboys last year or a couple of years ago. Probably in the same class.
  • Reply 208 of 278
    thttht Posts: 4,072member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by TigerWoods99

    Colts vs. Rams in Superbowl



    Either the Rams or Vikings will hopefully win the superbowl. I only cheer so to spite the media about the incessant AFC v NFC comparisons this year.
  • Reply 209 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Moss is cramped up, spoiled brat, mean-spirited and small-minded: he is just acting-out





    TO is over-flowing, life-affirming, humor and laughing with anoying exuberance . . . he is acting-out-loud
  • Reply 210 of 278
    thttht Posts: 4,072member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pfflam

    Moss is cramped up, spoiled brat, mean-spirited and small-minded: he is just acting-out



    Heh. Not sure if you are being facetious or not, but like I said with Rambus, the computer company, not the Laker, you could be surprised who are the villians and who are the heroes when a there is a full accounting.



    As is often the case, it's a confusing mixture of the two for our sports heros, and way too often, it is the media who spins, who creates a myth around someone being a hero or a villian, but neither both. Favre is revered, but he's had his share of controversy with since-banned throat-slashing gestures, RX addictions, alcoholism, and other sorts of skeletons never mentioned anymore. If mentioned, it is only in a life-affirming way.



    Moss has had just as hard and poor a childhood and he does his own forms of goodness in the world with charitable work for children's reading clubs and such, and is never mentioned by the media. He is only portrayed and known as a punk-ass villian in football. That's mostly a media creation. He's a complex human being just like all of us. In a way, I find the faux mooning as an all too deserved shot at a media who is too righteous, irresponsible, unable to resist the dangers of editorialising, and undeserving of our respect or our attention. I hope Moss stays uppity with them.



    Quote:

    TO is over-flowing, life-affirming, humor and laughing with anoying exuberance . . . he is acting-out-loud



    You should ask 49ers or the Ravens about that.
  • Reply 211 of 278
    OK, I just wandered into this forum and thread. I'm not much of a sports fan, but I do follow the local team. Sooo ..



    HOW 'BOUT THEM STEELERS!!!









    In a quick retro-read of this thread kudos to:



    PBG4 dude : for the great shots of the clothesline



    pfflam : for the terrible towel video & astute commentary







  • Reply 212 of 278
    J-E-T-S JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    Pittsburgh's going down.
  • Reply 213 of 278
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    No way, RoethlisJesus is made out of magical flesh.
  • Reply 214 of 278
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by hardhead

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe ANY rookie has ever been the QB for the winning Super Bowl team.



    you are correct. the closest in the past was dan marino's rookie year vs. the redskins, but the dolphins lost and never got back again.



    if i were roethlisberger, i would announce my retirement if the steelers win the super bowl. i mean, hell, how much more "on top" could you be???



  • Reply 215 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    But look at the Bills game . . . . the Steelers needed him at the beginning of the season to find their game, but they seem to have complete Gestalt now . . . they can dominate with even their third string squad



    welcome Aphelion (sounds like a line from a new Hollywood Epic film)



    The Jets game is gonna be something new . . . I must admit to a bit of worry on this end.

    What worries me most is that the Steelers players, though they say that they are fired up, might be just a little too complacent and certain that they are going to win . . .

    and when you couple that with the obvious chip-on-shoulder that the Jets have had for Pitt, ever since there first lss to them this year . . . it will . . . . to say the least, be explosive . . .



    anyway, I miss the Burgh, (parts of it at least) but I'll be watching this game in a certified Steelers' Bar in Minneapolis Mn this Saturday . . . getting wet with Guiness, singing to the Steelers Polka during commercials, and howling like a damn fool!!



    Yeeehaw!!



    ("how can a grown educated man get this way?" . . . . easily! . . . )
  • Reply 216 of 278
    I'm not sure which impresses me the most:



    The emergence of Big Ben



    The re-emergence of The Bus





    I'll be watching the Jets get knifed with a West End Girl drinking Iron City beer in the comfort of my home. And she'll be the one that gets wet.



    And to think that Apple at one time paid me $17 an hr to watch the Steeler's game on a (one of the first) 50" HDTV - every Sunday, all season long!
  • Reply 217 of 278
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Aphelion

    And to think that Apple at one time paid me $17 an hr to watch the Steeler's game on a (one of the first) 50" HDTV - every Sunday, all season long!



  • Reply 218 of 278
    Yep, I got a job as a "demo dolly" for Apple through Marketsource and my first assignment was to go to the Sear's store on Sunday and show people the wonders of the Macintosh platform.



    Only thing is, the tiny Apple section was wedged between the computer section and the TV section in the store. About 10 feet from the only Apple available for demos was a huge Hitachi HDTV, which always drew a crowd of 20 or 30 during the football game. I was being paid to be there and I was the only one with a chair.
  • Reply 219 of 278
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Aphelion

    Yep, I got a job as a "demo dolly" for Apple through Marketsource and my first assignment was to go to the Sear's store on Sunday and show people the wonders of the Macintosh platform.



    Only thing is, the tiny Apple section was wedged between the computer section and the TV section in the store. About 10 feet from the only Apple available for demos was a huge Hitachi HDTV, which always drew a crowd of 20 or 30 during the football game. I was being paid to be there and I was the only one with a chair.




    Lucky bastage.
  • Reply 220 of 278
    OH OH OT!
Sign In or Register to comment.