News site snags peek at flash-based Apple iPod

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Gee, I don't know. Is it such a big deal, being in less than 24 hours we'll actually find out what's going to be announced? That's the part of the rumor coverage I just don't understand. Everyone gets all excited RIGHT before the MW, when it would be more interesting like 6 months ago, to know what's in the pipeline. Its like when AI posts that Apple's going to have a speed bump on some model, and they come out with their info about 4-8 hours before Apple actually does it. Great, but it doesn't do much for the guy who bought last week. It barely helps the guy buying that day, but he'd get the speedbump anyway.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    iPod Micro with function of controling Mac remotely?

man, i shoulda get that thing!!!

probably another year or so later

anyhow 19 more hours to go~~
  • Reply 23 of 30
    :D
  • Reply 24 of 30
    uh, let's see... do you think maybe ThinkSecret & AppleInsider need people to look at the flashy adverstisements on their websites...

click, point, click, ka-ching. (sounds like the beginning of Pink Floyd's "Money")

It must be kinda funny to sit back and watch the drama unfold as we salivate/ponder over photoshopped cardboard boxes one day, then discuss the ramifications of "deleted" photos the next.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robrippin

Not to mention, even IF they deleted the pictures from the camera, why wouldn't they go home and then use one of the many undelete programs available for flash media and recover the pictures?!

I know I would!!!

Or when you saw the big burly men coming after you, you just send the pictures to your girlfriend. Oh, right, these are mac nuts who hang out at the expo before it opens. They don't have girlfriends. Well, they could have just sent them to one of the other mac geeks they know...
  • Reply 26 of 30
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Right, Xhif Untrasher says bullshit to that.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Wouldn't a slogan like "Life is Random" be incredibly controversial though? I mean, the US only recently managed to rescue Christmas, which was, believe it or not, under siege for some time (dixit The O'Reilly Factor). And you just had an election that was, according to many a pundit, dominated by moral issues. It might be bad timing on Apple's part to imply that God isn't there, and that we are all small cogs on a horribly purposeless spinning wheel, oblivious of the gruesome senseless deaths that await us all.

Reminds me of how they priced one of the original Apple computers (I or II) a cool 666 dollars.

(Just for the record, I am without god.)
  • Reply 28 of 30
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Wouldn't a slogan like "Life is Random" be incredibly controversial though? I mean, the US only recently managed to rescue Christmas, which was, believe it or not, under siege for some time (dixit The O'Reilly Factor). And you just had an election that was, according to many a pundit, dominated by moral issues. It might be bad timing on Apple's part to imply that God isn't there, and that we are all small cogs on a horribly purposeless spinning wheel, oblivious of the gruesome senseless deaths that await us all.

Take it to Political Outsider, and say it in one thread.

It'd take a pathetically challenged person to think that God is manually changing their mp3s for them.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    This is reminiscent of the Performa years. There were so many different levels of computing products that Apple sold at that time, it was very confusing for the average consumer.

When Jobs came back to Apple, didn't he thin the herd of Apple products to remedy consumer confusion? It seems like he could be doing the same thing here.

I had figured the iPod Mini as the solution for those that don't want to pay $300+ for regular iPod.I don't see the appeal of such a limited product.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Take it to Political Outsider, and say it in one thread.

It'd take a pathetically challenged person to think that God is manually changing their mp3s for them.

Well, johnq, you were there, I believe, and I wasn't. I'm trying to point out that I think this is a fake, and that mainly because a slogan like that is probably not a very good idea right now. The reason for this is that randomness of life would preclude any divine intervention in the Creation! And that notion would inflame the ever louder religious right in the US.

I'm not trying to raise a political issue here, I'm just sharing you my opinion as to why I believe this might be fake/bad form on Apple's part.

I mention that I am a godless atheist to make clear that these are not my beliefs. Therefore: I might be wrong in guessing the motives of people very different than I.