What is with the supposed new ipod mini?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello

Does someone know what's about the rumours about the new ipod mini after the macworld? Will he be out realy in early 2005? are there other presentations in future? and if it would be out i.e. in 2 weeks, what do you think how long it will take to be out in a little market like switzerland?

thanks a lot,

chrischtbaum

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by chrischtbaum

Hello

Does someone know what's about the rumours about the new ipod mini after the macworld? Will he be out realy in early 2005? are there other presentations in future? and if it would be out i.e. in 2 weeks, what do you think how long it will take to be out in a little market like switzerland?

thanks a lot,

chrischtbaum

If you mean the iPod shuffle, it is available to order now, and most countries will have it in a couple of weeks (UK store say two weeks) . If you are looking for an iPod mini update, who knows. There were a lot of rumours about a 5gb upgrade, so maybe we will see it in a couple of weeks/months. My guess is that it is in the pipeline, but there are not enough drives to release it yet. Thats just a guess though. Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    in fact i am looking for a update of the mini. do you think that it will have other improvements? like a better battery?

the problem is that it is very hard to find an ipod mini in switzerland... they are all sold out! so i have to wait anyway. but if it will take another month or two or even longer i'll have another look in the shops.

do they present there new hardware allways at expositions like macworld?

thanks, chrischtbaum
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by chrischtbaum

in fact i am looking for a update of the mini. do you think that it will have other improvements? like a better battery?

the problem is that it is very hard to find an ipod mini in switzerland... they are all sold out! so i have to wait anyway. but if it will take another month or two or even longer i'll have another look in the shops.

do they present there new hardware allways at expositions like macworld?

thanks, chrischtbaum

New items are not always in expos. The iPod photo was at a special one off kind of show, not a proper annual expo I think. If it is only a drive upgrade, it could happen any time really, although probably not this week since we just had some big announcement. If you can wait a few months, I would, as the iPod mini is a year old now, and could probably do with the upgrade. As to other improvements, a better battery would be nice, but I really don't know.