iTunes user sues Apple over FairPlay

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Here is the article.

Quote...

"A class action suit has been filed against Apple Computer in the US District Court for the Northern District of California, alleging Apple is guilty of violating federal antitrust laws and California's unfair competition law by requiring users who buy music from the iTunes Music Store to use an iPod if they plan to take their music on the road with them."

"The suit indicates that Slattery ? defined as "typical of the claims of this class" ? owns an iPod and has purchased files from the iTunes Music Store."

"The suit was filed on behalf of Slattery by three separate firms."

Hmmm... strange that an iPod user would be pi$$ed at Apple for allowing iTMS songs to be useable on an iPod (which he owns)?

I wonder who these "Firms" are and is this just a case of "hard cheese"?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    but the users can just burn the songs onto cds, right?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

but the users can just burn the songs onto cds, right?

Exactly. If you desperately want to play your tunes on your rubbish Creative Touch brick, then burn em to CD, rip em back as MP3 files, and voila. This is a ridiculous lawsuit. There is a whole load of discussion on this in the other topic when this was announced last week.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Exactly. If you desperately want to play your tunes on your rubbish Creative Touch brick, then burn em to CD, rip em back as MP3 files, and voila. This is a ridiculous lawsuit. There is a whole load of discussion on this in the other topic when this was announced last week.

well, i can see the prob with burning, then re-ripping. but just burning it onto cd, then taking it with you would be fine. i'm sort of starting to see his point though.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    So .... if he doesn't like mp4, then don't use iTMS !!

There ARE other legal online sources for music !

Yet another lawsuit where you just wish the judge had the ability to fine the attorney for bringing up a frivolous suit.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    I guess the new motorola phone kind of sinks the whole law suit.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by timmy o'tool

I guess the new motorola phone kind of sinks the whole law suit.

new phone? and why? (out of the loop)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

new phone? and why? (out of the loop)

THere suit is based on the fact that only the ipod can play itms music. Motorola is coming out an itunes compatable phone later this year. www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1749056,00.asp

Now they have no law suit.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by timmy o'tool

THere suit is based on the fact that only the ipod can play itms music. Motorola is coming out an itunes compatable phone later this year. www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1749056,00.asp

Now they have no law suit.

awesome!