To Mac or Not To Mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi guys

I'm a PC user shopping for a new computer. With the new mini Mac, I've considered getting a Mac but I'm not ready to jump ship so I'm looking for some guidance . Obviously, Macs are common in the design industry, but I myself am not a designer. Can anyone who's not a designer, preferably is a business major, comment on their Mac experience and compare it to Windows?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    STFU and buy one already

Seriously what apps do you need to run for your "business major" besides Word/Excel/PowerPointless?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    I do all the creative in my company on a PowerMac.

My wife runs the business using Microsoft Office and she keeps our personal accounting using Microsoft Money. Money is not a Mac app. So she uses VirtualPC which runs a Microsoft XP Professional emulator so she can use her Money DB (from back when she used a PC).

We NEVER feel like we're out of the loop, software wise, by staying 100% Mac. Go for it. At a $500 entry point, what's to lose?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Definetly to mac. However, you've come to the wrong forum if you want us to say to not mac. We're a little biased, if you know what I mean.

Seriously though, if you need a program that is windows only, Virtual PC 7 should be plenty fast to run those programs, like Microsoft Access. Plus if you are a student like me at a the University of Texas, they have Virtual PC 7 with Office 2004 for like $15. Check with your local campus computer store about their price on these items.