iBook restarts when waking from sleep...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys,

I'm using my iBook as a file server/web server, but I want to sell it and get the Mac mini for the same purpose.

I have a problem though before I sell it. Sometimes (most of the time) when the iBook wakes from sleep, it restarts. Everything works great except for this stupid thing. I'd like to get it fixed somehow before I sell it 'cause I have the box and stuff and its a pretty nice machine except for the restart thing.

Here are the specs:

iBook dual USB

500MHz

640 RAM

DVD Drive

Airport

20GB HD

New Battery

Panther

All that other software that's the users responsibility to remove after they get it...

I'll sell it for $499, but this is negotiable...but help me fixed the sleep thing please! I hope its not hardware related- I've tried resetting the PMU thing, but no luch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    No body?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    If an erase and install doesn't help then it isn't software related.

Which means it's probably either the reed switch, RAM, or some short on the MLB (or perhaps some crazy peripheral you've got plugged in).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Try repairing the permissions
  • Reply 4 of 6
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    If bowing down and sacrificing chickens to the Mac gods doesn?t work try updating the OS, 10.3.7 supposedly got rid of that problem. I'll give you 50 bucks for it, but only if it has all the original rubber feet at the bottom.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

If bowing down and sacrificing chickens to the Mac gods doesn?t work try updating the OS, 10.3.7 supposedly got rid of that problem. I'll give you 50 bucks for it, but only if it has all the original rubber feet at the bottom.

Yay! That worked! (Why I hadn't updated the software on it I'm not sure- maybe because I didn't need it to go to sleep...'cause its a server.)

Anyway- you think that's all its worth is $50?!?!! I was looking on eBay and they seem to be going for about $450ish...

Anyone interested?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Well- with the sleep problem fixed I've put it up on eBay.

iBook