thinksecret lawsuit. true identity of Nick dePlume

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
check out the post on blackvortex.net about Apple's lawsuit against ThinkSecret and to learn the true identity of Nick dePlume.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I thought everybody knew that already. Really. Old MacWeek readers anyway.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I thought everybody knew that already. Really. Old MacWeek readers anyway.

yea old MacWeek readers, but everyone else is clueless.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    never knew his real name, but knew it was always a pseudonym: "Nick"name and "De Plume". duh.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZO

never knew his real name, but knew it was always a pseudonym: "Nick"name and "De Plume". duh.

Well, I don't know how I like these AppleInsider forums. I hope all the users aren't as arrogant as the last two people to comment on this thread.

Come on, people. There is no need to say 'duh' because you knew something already. Plenty of people didn't know this before, and the story on blackvortex.net brings them up to speed. A lot people don't know what a nom de plume is.

Don't be an @$$, I could go on telling you even more stuff on this topic that I guarantee you don't know and then say 'duh' and try to make you feel stupid even though you had no way of knowing. You "never knew his real name," and I've spoken with him face-to-face.

'duh' - WTF
  • Reply 5 of 20
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    oh yea, 'duh'.

go on. tell us how only you know everything.

i think the spyware removal ads on your site look pretty funny.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

You've got the mic.....

Had I wanted to release more information, I would have written it in my blackvortex.net post. I felt that confirming his identity was enough. Anything else that I would be able to tell you would be stuff that no one really needs to know, nor could they benefit from the knowledge.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by sixhoursago

Had I wanted to release more information, I would have written it in my blackvortex.net post. I felt that confirming his identity was enough. Anything else that I would be able to tell you would be stuff that no one really needs to know, nor could they benefit from the knowledge.

if you just needed to reveal who he was, you would have pasted that instead of trying to get ppl clik on your site at all costs.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

if you just needed to reveal who he was, you would have pasted that instead of trying to get ppl clik on your site at all costs.

You're ridiculous. Be happy with what you got. I'm done with these forums.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    yea, i am happy with what i got (in the real life). even though i don't read MacWeek readers and thatswhy according you being clueless...
  • Reply 10 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    So you're creating new accounts on several Mac message boards like this, trying to drum up hits for your shitty article, and you get upset when we don't huddle together to jerk you off over it?

Go away.

• Reply 11 of 20
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    six, I'm an old school around here and along with many other old timers here, have seen rumor sites come and go. As Thinksecret came to life many years ago, I saw that within a few days most everyone on these boards had already "figured out" or understood that "Nick De Plume" is an alias.

Since many years have passed since this 'discovery' or realisation, I kinda figured everyone "knew" that.

Anyway, welcome to the AI boards.

I was on the Thinksecret boards for a while but have come back to AI again. I didnt like it there anymore.

Also, you should realise that I was actually interested in knowing Nick's real name. Kinda funny that his first name actually IS Nick teaches me to make a hasty comment like I did.

Ah well.

So, yes boys and girls, a "nom de plume" is a pseudonym / alias. Its French for those who didnt figure that out as well.

PS: My reference to me being an old school makes me think back that I've been on these boards since '98! Jesus! almost 7 years! Damn time flies.
  • Reply 12 of 20
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Uh, where's the article?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    SuXxord teh "duh"
  • Reply 14 of 20
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    or you could have just read the article in the Havard newspaper.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Yeah it's amazing that a 19 year old runs one of the best mac rumor sites on the web...
  • Reply 16 of 20
    So what is the dudes name?
  • Reply 17 of 20
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    yo zo throwing down the old schoooool.

the hiatus is over, again
  • Reply 18 of 20
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Yeah it's amazing that a 19 year old runs one of the best mac rumor sites on the web...

Don't underestimate the youth of America, buddy.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

Kinda makes me feel all pathetic inside...