PB speed bump

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
When should we expect to see the speed bump? I want to get a new book, but I have also heard that the G5 may be coming soon? What cha' think?

thx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by 206amphib

When should we expect to see the speed bump? I want to get a new book, but I have also heard that the G5 may be coming soon? What cha' think?

thx

please just scroll down the future hardware page. this has been discussed a lot of times.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by 206amphib

thx

There is going to be a G4 update very soon. I predict 55 percent chance we'll see this update on January 18 and 45 percent on January 25. In fact, right now, I'm really having a feeling about Tuesday considering the long estimated ship date for configured Powerbooks at Apple.com and the phone calls Apple has been making to customers trying to get rid of current Powerbooks.

Of course, if they have a lot on the old ones on the shelves they could keep delaying it a week at a time I guess, but they wouldn't want to wait too long, if the rumors of a G5 in the summer are correct.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    New Powerbook g4's are definitely coming out before the end of Jan. My guess is they will ship immediately like the predecessors. 1.67ghz 15" and 17" books. 1.5 everything else.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    If they really want a quiet announcement that slips under the radar, then a week with a public holiday is a good time to announce the updates.