All iMacs, eMacs EOL?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 75
    ohhh, it is murbot vs bohdi....and the challenge is on....wheeeeeee.....i want to see blood....g
  • Reply 42 of 75
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Well grease me up and roll me in feathers. Or whatever.

I just put my cheese nachos in the microwave. I hit the "holy crap" button... and it's saying 105 hours and 21 minutes until done.

wtf
  • Reply 43 of 75
    hegorhegor Posts: 160member
    LOL murbot!!!!!!

I love your nacho timer. I personally have my nachos baking for 8 months. While I'll enjoy the 970 Mac goodness. I doubt I'll eat the nachos.
  • Reply 44 of 75
    mmmmmmmmmmm nachos.
  • Reply 45 of 75
    Hey that what I just had (except that mine only took 3 minutes)

<on topic> next tuesday
  • Reply 46 of 75
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    [quote]Originally posted by rok:

<strong>

anyone have an old performa 6400? i do, and when it's hooked up to an apple a/v monitor, it STILL makes a wicked mp3 jukebox (it takes IDE drives - a rarity for its day).

[ 01-29-2003: Message edited by: rok ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

i have exactly that set-up sitting next to me right now...

sorry -- off topic!
  • Reply 47 of 75
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    [quote]Originally posted by Sceeter:

<strong>20" iMac = $1799

17" iMac = $1499

15.4" iMac = $999</strong><hr></blockquote>

Apple charges $600 more for the 20" than the 17" so I would expect the same differential on the iMac, which would make a 20" iMac $2099...I would buy one.
  • Reply 48 of 75
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    [quote]Originally posted by Sceeter:

<strong>Remember what macwhispers had the 20" price at? They were right, sorta...</strong><hr></blockquote>

what do you know?

20" for that price... wow

i also like the idea of a 15.4" imac. maybe a little squeesed though.
  • Reply 49 of 75
    20" Screen is too top heavy for current iMac configuration. (The 17" uses a thiner screen case then the 15 to cut down on weight). It won't happen, never does as everytime a new iMac is due everybody talks about larger screens. One thing that may change is the steel neck. I suspect it will be aluminum. Apple is getting rid of the shinny steel accents and going to aluminum in there place for all future products including the iPod. Just a guess.

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 50 of 75
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    If they want to do it they will just use a stronger spring to get the tension to equalise with the weight.
  • Reply 51 of 75
    joekjoek Posts: 93member
    <a href="http://www.macrumors.com"; target="_blank">http://www.macrumors.com</a>;

High End iMac

$1799

17" Screen (no 19")

1GHz

4x DVD-R

DDR RAM

Bluetooth and Airport Extreme capabilities
  • Reply 52 of 75
    [quote] If they want to do it they will just use a stronger spring to get the tension to equalise with the weight <hr></blockquote>

Doesn't matter. The base is too small in proportion to the larger screen. It would still be top heavy and also look really awkward.
  • Reply 53 of 75
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by joek:

<strong><a href="http://www.macrumors.com"; target="_blank">http://www.macrumors.com</a>;

High End iMac

$1799

17" Screen (no 19")

1GHz

4x DVD-R

DDR RAM

Bluetooth and Airport Extreme capabilities</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would hope apple would drop the price some, get us saying 'wow' again. Maybe $1599 for the top.
  • Reply 54 of 75
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Addison:

<strong>

Apple charges $600 more for the 20" than the 17" so I would expect the same differential on the iMac, which would make a 20" iMac $2099...I would buy one.</strong><hr></blockquote>

A 20" LCD would look ridiculous on the current iMac's base and $2099 is too much for a consumer Mac.
  • Reply 55 of 75
    i don't know...a year ago i said that i would pay 1800 for an iMac if it was G4, superdrive and LCD...when it came out like that i bought one immediately....i would have paid 1999 for a 17 lcd at the time....if i was in the market i may well pay 2100 for a 20 lcd....if i bought a PM with 20' lcd it would be 1499 plus 1299...so 700 more for a tower over an iMac....make it a prosumer/gaming/iDVD iMac with a better graphics card (rad 9000) and FCP express pre-installed and you just might sell a bunch to borderline geeks like me (not geeky or pro enough for a tower, but like to pretend at times)....g

ps..they still need a 999 model---15"lcd, 800 MHz, maybe combo or cd-rw only....basically last years model but 400 cheaper....g

[ 01-30-2003: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 56 of 75
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Well grease me up and roll me in feathers. Or whatever.

I just put my cheese nachos in the microwave. I hit the "holy crap" button... and it's saying 105 hours and 21 minutes until done.

wtf</strong><hr></blockquote>

How many nachos do you have on your plate? 20, 17 or 15.4?
  • Reply 57 of 75
    MacRumors Reports:

High End iMac

$1799

17" Screen (no 19")

1GHz

4x DVD-R

DDR RAM

Bluetooth and Airport Extreme capabilities

Bluetooth and Airport would add $150 to the price? Seems very probably that low end will be $999 with a 15" screen.
  • Reply 58 of 75
    I'd buy that.

I'm chompin at the bit here... buying the high end iMac whatever it is.

Come on Steve.
  • Reply 59 of 75
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>I'd buy that.

I'm chompin at the bit here... buying the high end iMac whatever it is.

Come on Steve.</strong><hr></blockquote>

murbot, you're just too easy. You chomp at just about any bit Stev-O throws out. What you need to do is skip a couple revs of the new models, send an email to Steve and say "Look, you can't even get ME to buy this! It's time for you to get your act together!" I bet he'd take notice.
  • Reply 60 of 75
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

A 20" LCD would look ridiculous on the current iMac's base and $2099 is too much for a consumer Mac.</strong><hr></blockquote>

a 20" lcd on top of a imac looks great imo. they have to make the border a little thinner and it will be great to me.

$2099,- is not too much for a consumer mac. i remember the 6500/300 AV with a silly 15"AV screen for approximately $2900,- (ex 17.5% vat, in the netherlands) back in 1997. now that was really expensive.

$2099,- is just $100,- more than the current 17" imac. it wouldn't be the bestselling imac, but there will be a market for it (like murbot or me or ... ... murbot)

ah well, we'll see