Up to 4-week wait for iPod shuffle

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=7359187

Now let's begin all of the whining about how Apple hasn't built enough (reportedly only 2 million pre-built) or had them shipped from the factory quickly/early enough.

But only those who said this thing would fall flat on its face are allowed to comment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    How many were pre produced ?

2 million ?

Now if that figure is correct it is very impressive in deed.

I'm glad mine was ordered the day of release :-)

j.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnrp

How many were pre produced ?

2 million ?

Now if that figure is correct it is very impressive in deed.

I'm glad mine was ordered the day of release :-)

j.

I was a fool, A FOOL, to wait until now to buy my Shuffle! Now I want one and I don't want to wait. I'm so impatient! I hope my local reseller gets them soon.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I'm keeping a close watch on my order status - hoping the ship date doesn't slip!

• Reply 4 of 4
    I'm clutching mine right now and it's great. I called my local Apple Store (Chicago flagship) and they said they had a very limited number yet. I asked them to put one aside for me and they said they could hold it until 8:00 p.m. This was about 3:30 when I talked to them. I was at the Apple Store at 4:30 p.m. and saw several people asking about it and being told they were sold out and wouldn't be stocked again until at least a week later. Luckily, they did hold mine as promised. These things seem really popular. I'll bet they're flying off the shelves. I wasn't that excited about the product at first, but it works great for quick trips and working out, etc. It'll definitely make a great supplement to my 20 gigger. It is amazing how light it is and how you totally forget it's even in your pocket (be careful on laundry day!).