What OS Features Would You Put on This Hardware?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
well i've been seeing a lot of people submitting their iWhatever designs so out of curiosity, i thought i'd give it a shot.

i personally want (Apple - if you're listening!) a phone that has seemless integration with my desktop, with PDA functionality as well as being a 'remote desktop'

the problem i found wasn't the design as such (although i'm sure everyone will have an opinion here, i designed *MY* perfect DLD )

but the problem was the actual OS look and feature set.

should it be an OSX lite or an enhanced pixo thingy-ma-jig?

<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/adamneilson/pix/imob.jpg"; target="_blank">(bigger version here)</a>

features i thought would be cool were:

inkwell (locally and as a tablet to the desktop)

apple remote desktop

screen orientation switch

phone

pda (sort of)

size-wise, should just about be able to squeeze a 1.8inch disk in there.

mpeg4 and ogg vorbis audio playback

quicktime playback

bluetooth

airport...

... i don't know, what do you guys think? should it be ipod simple or OSX big and what features should it be packing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It looks pretty cool but maybe a bit large for a phone? I guess if it has multiple functions then it is ok in terms of size. Nice job. Something looks clunky about it though, I cant put my finger on it.

Good work though.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    It would be much nicer if it weren't so blocky and big. I think it would be better if it were designed to be a light, small, thin phone, rather than just a bigger iPod. If you want to store lots of music and run complicated programs and OS X Lite, then something more like a PocketPC would be good, with a small hard drive. For a phone or PDA-like organizer, a much smaller design should be used, with flash memory instead of a hard drive.

Either way, I think it would be better if it was a bit wider and not as tall. Most iPhone/PDA/whatever mock-ups I've seen are just stretched iPods, but why would Apple rest on its laurels and make something that is just like what they already have?