Price cut for prints in iPhoto 5?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple are saying that standard 4x6 inch prints ordered from iPhoto 5 will see their price cut in half, from 39 cents down to 19 cents. It's right here on this page . They also claim that "the price of other print sizes have been cut in half." On the lower right hand side of the page they list the prices for the various sizes of prints available, but other than the price for the 4x6s they haven't changed ANYTHING. Every other print size is the same as it is in iPhoto 4. Am I really the first person to notice this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by iyou

Apple are saying that standard 4x6 inch prints ordered from iPhoto 5 will see their price cut in half, from 39 cents down to 19 cents. It's right here on this page . They also claim that "the price of other print sizes have been cut in half." On the lower right hand side of the page they list the prices for the various sizes of prints available, but other than the price for the 4x6s they haven't changed ANYTHING. Every other print size is the same as it is in iPhoto 4. Am I really the first person to notice this?

iLife 05 doesn't ship until the 22nd officially. Maybe the price changes will happen then
  • Reply 2 of 7
    iyouiyou Posts: 6member
    Quote:

iLife 05 doesn't ship until the 22nd officially. Maybe the price changes will happen then

Sure, but why show just the one price cut and not the others? The idea is to tease us and entice us, right? Anyway. we'll see if it changes on Saturday.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iyou

i thought they said only the 4 x 6 was cut and the books were theoretically cut in half since now you get twice the amount of pages for the same price (double sided now)
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

i thought they said only the 4 x 6 was cut and the books were theoretically cut in half since now you get twice the amount of pages for the same price (double sided now)

from the page at apple.com:

Photographers who want to share their digital bounty with others have more options than ever before. And that?s particularly true for those of us who like to pull out a stack of 4x6 prints and show everyone at work how adorable Teddi and her dad looked dressed up like Raggedy Ann and Andy for Halloween. That?s because in iPhoto 5, 4x6 prints now cost only 19¢ each. And the price of other print sizes have been cut in half.

They say nothing about books in that paragraph! But looking at it again I see another mistake, albeit a small one: That last bit should read "And the prices of the other print sizes have been cut in half". Otherwise, parsing the sentence, you're left with "the price have been cut in half." Ouch.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Saturday has arrived. The price of 4x6 prints has been cut in half, they're now 19¢ each. Sweet! The other sizes are unchanged. Will Apple correct the mistake on their website, or will the prices drop? I'm betting the prices won't change. I'm also betting they won't update the text, either, at least not for a while.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    On Tuesday I emailed the folks at iphoto customer support about the apparent contradiction. On Wednesday I received the following response:

Dear Charles,

Thank you for contacting the iPhoto Customer Support.

We have escalated your report to iPhoto engineering. Your message is flagged for follow-up and we will email you once we have a resolution. You can expect an update within 24 to 72 hours. Thank you for your patience as we work to make your experience with iPhoto more enjoyable.

Sincerely,

The iPhoto Team

Today when I looked at the infamous page I noticed that they had updated the copy to read And the price of other print sizes are just as reasonable.

May I digress for a moment and point out that there's still a problem with the disagreement between the singular noun and plural adjective in that sentence? Doesn't this stuff matter any more?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I realize that at this point pretty much everyone's sick of this topic, but I thought I'd post one final follow-up, since I received another message from Apple:

Dear Charles,

Thank you for contacting the iPhoto Customer Support.

We have made some changes to the website to reflect a more accurate description of the changes seen with the release of iLife 05. Apple welcomes your comments and suggestions. Customer feedback is vital to Apple's goal of improving Apple products and services.

Sincerely,

The iPhoto Team

Find answers to many questions in the iPhoto Help menu and at the iPhoto Support website: <http://www.apple.com/support/iphoto>

Not exactly copping to the mistake of saying all prints are half price! But it's better than nothing.