Just to name a few...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsxrboy

mac side .... pc side

ichatAV ..... trillian 3

skype ........ skype

Im skyping these days. Im not really impressed with the audio quality, but it is much better on the PC than AIM ( and has some other nifty/vital features ).

Trillian Pro does voice with iChat, so Im thinking of trying that out. It also does video.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    gsxrboygsxrboy Posts: 565member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mmmpie

Trillian Pro does voice with iChat, so Im thinking of trying that out. It also does video.

The bog stock std edition Trillian does audio, (so even better for the happy free times!!) the pro is only needed for vid work..
  • Reply 4 of 7
    You know....waaaaayyyyyyyyyy back in the OS 9 days, I used to use "talk" on AIM. Why the hell did they disable that feature?!?!??!

this skype looks interesting
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vaultingat

is there any way to do it? thank you.

felipe

I remember reading somewhere that the new version of MSN Messenger had voice chat in it. But now I don't remember where that article was...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    Skype is excellent for voice chat.. the quality is excellent. Much better than iChat for some reason and it connected instantly to my PC using friend. I'd recomend using earphones though to eliminate any echo.

I've been trying to get iChat-AIM video chat going but no luck. Skype is talking about incorparating video chat in the future.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    if only Skype would keep your buddy list on a central server so you dont have to RE BUILD your entire frikken list eachtime you log in to a new computer. Sigh. I hate that. Its like ICQ in 97 or something.