Developer Forums?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Are there any forums for developers?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    There are the apple developer forums, for one.

There are also quite a few sites/communities involved in the UNIX side of MacOSX, which tends to host developers. macosxhints.com is one of them. There are many more.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

There are the apple developer forums, for one.

Where would this be?

Got url?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yeah! I can't find crap
  • Reply 4 of 6
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    The CocoaDev and MacOSXDev mailing list archives are amazing. I found an answer to just about every one of my questions in there - very professional and very informative.

Also, CocoaDev, MacOSX Hints and MacRumors all have programming-oriented forums, probably in that order of quality. Apple might have some sort of developers' forums in the members-only section of developer.apple.com. If nothing else, they have an impressive collection of mailing lists.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    If Apple has a forum for developers, I can't find it. That seems pretty lame to me. In fact, the entire ADC web expererience is somewhat underwhelming.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

If Apple has a forum for developers, I can't find it. That seems pretty lame to me. In fact, the entire ADC web expererience is somewhat underwhelming.

When I go on there they seem to have docs on everything. I think it's fine, unless you want a forum, but then there is the mailing list...