Streaming Screencapture Software?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I live on one continent and need to troubleshoot a machine on another. I would love to see the screen of the machine I need to troubleshoot.

Is there any way for me to remotely control the other machine from mine without sacrificing its online security?

Or is there a way for me to merely see a stream of what the remote monitor is displaying?

I guess what I'm looking for is a combination iChat AV and Snapz Pro. Sounds almost like spyware.

Is there a way?

--B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Sounds like you want VNC although I don't know the security implications of using it. I have thought about using iChat AV and turning the video camera so it captures the screen for use with people who don't have VNC installed.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

Sounds like you want VNC although I don't know the security implications of using it. I have thought about using iChat AV and turning the video camera so it captures the screen for use with people who don't have VNC installed.

Thanks for the info!!

I've started another thread because the title of this one no longer serves the purpose of my query. My new line of questioning revolves around which vnc server is the safest / easiest to install. Thanks again!

--B