eMac and PowerBook declared EOL

Comments

• Reply 81 of 315
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rayapple

1 more day and we will see a improved powerbook! ( I have to keep saying it to believe it!).

Yes, my friends, because 5% improvement is improvement nevertheless--even if it's after 8+ months.
  • Reply 82 of 315
    Quote:

1 more day and we will see a improved powerbook! ( I have to keep saying it to believe it!).

And please please please let it ship right now, not 4 weeks from now!
  • Reply 83 of 315
    Plus, even though the CPU isn't bumped much, the rumor is all hard drives will be raised to 5400 RPM. That will help and maybe they could cut $100 off the price.
  • Reply 84 of 315
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by QuickSilver

And please please please let it ship right now, not 4 weeks from now!

They shipped immediately last time. It was also a minor update.
  • Reply 85 of 315
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibook911

Plus, even though the CPU isn't bumped much, the rumor is all hard drives will be raised to 5400 RPM. That will help and maybe they could cut $100 off the price.

Graphics is being bumped on the high end models - saving £40. God I hope it happen moro! My finger is on my credit card, well my dads.
  • Reply 86 of 315
    One thing I noticed this weekend at my CompUSA is the Powerbook 17" display model was gone. Removed completely from it's display lock bar. BUT the other two (at least as of Saturday), the 12 and 15" were still there. Usually you wouldn't remove/and or sell the display model if something wasn't coming soon? Right?

Also, if the updated Powerbook is available tomorrow via the Apple site, does it usually show up at stores such as CompUSA, etc. at the time same, or is there a lag time? Meaning would I be able to run down to CompUSA tomorrow, say, if they announce it on the Apple site, and they'll ALSO have the new Powerbooks? Anyone have any previous experience with this, in some form? Thanks!
  • Reply 87 of 315
    Can anyone tell me WHY APPLE STORE AUSTRALIA has NEW stickers on their PowerBook pictures ????

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Either this is a bit of glitch ahead of time, or it is a terrible terrible illegal scam.

Someone please check it out and get back to me, it is upsetting me...

http://www.apple.com.au/store/

edit: well, it is not that much of a scam, because like 15" has backlit keyboard now and airport and bluetooth built in...
  • Reply 88 of 315
    Stores won't remove old products if they feel it would still sell at full price. I think the first place that would have the update will be the apple online store... other stores will recieve them at a later date. Hopefully we'll find out more tomorrow
  • Reply 89 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Can anyone tell me WHY APPLE STORE AUSTRALIA has NEW stickers on their PowerBook pictures ????

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Either this is a bit of glitch ahead of time, or it is a terrible terrible illegal scam.

edit: well, it is not that much of a scam, because like 15" has backlit keyboard now and airport and bluetooth built in...

I can confirm that, certainly looks suspicious seeing as none of the other stores have it.
  • Reply 90 of 315
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShallowThroat

I can confirm that, certainly looks suspicious seeing as none of the other stores have it.

The stickers have been up for a week or two. Check pb threads at the macnn and macrumors forums.

Or don't. It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

--B
  • Reply 91 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

Specs are the same, maybe they replaced the picture by mistake?! You know they must create new web-sites in advanced and they replaced the old picture by mistake. Or it still says new PowerBooks from April last year. The UK site still says new PowerBooks! New PowerBooks
  • Reply 92 of 315
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

• Reply 93 of 315
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

The stickers have been up for a week or two. Check pb threads at the macnn and macrumors forums.

Or don't. It's all pretty much OMG!!! What could this mean!!! OMG!!!!

--B

It's like OMG WTF!!!
  • Reply 94 of 315
    yeah! GL HF!
  • Reply 95 of 315
    Quote:

Originally posted by theSutex

yeah! GL HF!

ok people, breathe.
  • Reply 96 of 315
    Getting ready for tomorrow! I feel good about new powerbooks on 12/25......... I really need a computer now....... if anybody had a choice would you buy the new powerbook tomorrow or an imac g5?
  • Reply 97 of 315
    Quote:

Getting ready for tomorrow! I feel good about new powerbooks on 12/25......... I really need a computer now....... if anybody had a choice would you buy the new powerbook tomorrow or an imac g5?

I've been weighing up thousands of options in my head for months. I want a 2GHz PowerBook G5, with a decent FSB but I've decided I can't wait any longer. I was thinking of an iBook and iMac, just an iBook (temporarily) and PowerMac and a PowerBook and a iMac and a PowerBook!

However I've decided that the PowerBooks are amazing and one computer is so much easier. PowerBook G5 may not be here for a while, if ever. iMacs haven;t got DVI out so Keynote with notes on your display wouldn't happen and the GPU is only 64MB. PowerBooks are very portable and beautiful but fully featured. It's just the speed of them!

So in answer to your question I'm going to buy a PowerBook G4 tomorrow or next Tuesday. Then i'll buy a G5 in three years time when I'm going up to my final year at uni. That way I can have my life back and stop looking for rumours of a G5.
  • Reply 98 of 315
    I feel much better knowing i'm not the only one debating which mac to buy. I think I will get the powerbook G4 this week or next also. It will be my first mac which will be my own ( my ibook belongs to work) so I'm really exicited to buy one. I'm done with pc's !

• Reply 99 of 315
    FYI

Just contacted my University computer store....... apple is to have a major announcment tomorrow concerning powerbooks!

• Reply 100 of 315
    Quote:

FYI

Just contacted my University computer store....... apple is to have a major announcment tomorrow concerning powerbooks!

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

major?!