My iPod headphones suck

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I got my mini yesterday and noticed that the headphones are way way way too big for my ears. They're really incomfortable and keep falling out. Does Apple sell a smaller pair or do I just have to go with a third party?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Third party.

What's your listening habit? Exercising/moving or sitting? I use the Sony DJs for desk/couch/train/plane. For jogging I use...oh, I don't jog, that's right.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    I have a pair of Koss Portapros which are really nice, but I was hoping that i could wear the iPod buds under my hat, as it's really cold around here, but these are just way too uncomfortable. When I have them in, it sounds like the music is echoed, unless I hold them in place. So apple doesn't sell a smaller version of them?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Are you wearing them properly I wonder.

They sit at an angle not vertical.

Sorry if that sounds insulting, but I have seen several people put them in the wrong way initially. Myself included.

In fact they are actually painful if they are vertical and they are not snug and will fall out. I am trying it now. I bet that's it.

In addition to the angle are you sure you have L in left and R in right? They are not exchangeable.

Earbuds are not great for bass but they are light and comfortable. I never hear of people saying they hurt.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Not sure if they are " smaller", but Apple also makes these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.0.1
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pbg3pbg3 Posts: 211member
    Yeah, I put them in properly, the Right one is fine, but the Left keeps falling out. I guess the headphones are fine, it's my ears that suck
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Among the best aftermarket earphones you can get for the iPod, and one of the best places to research and buy them:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...tID=0020100007
  • Reply 7 of 8
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG3

Yeah, I put them in properly, the Right one is fine, but the Left keeps falling out. I guess the headphones are fine, it's my ears that suck

SAME HERE.

I can't take more than 10 strides without the the earbuds falling out.

• Reply 8 of 8
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    I've heard a few people complain about this. I never minded them that much but I must say I prefer the Sony set I have now, even if I do dislike most Sony products.