MacMini BTO lowers prices and changes specs

zozo
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My god... Apple actually LISTENING to its users for specs... AND lowering prices? I hope whomever it was that first suggested (and then approved) the 470usd for 1GB of RAM upgrade got sacked, tarred, beat and set on fire while dropped down a ravine full of itching thorn bush and ivy. Not to say that 325usd is still insane for 1GB... but anyway...

I think I see a pig flying by my window

Quote:

Apple lowers BTO pricing on Mac mini

Apple has quietly lowered the price of some of its build-to-order components on the Mac mini as well as offering a faster version of its optical SuperDrive. The Apple Store is now offering the combination Bluetooth/AirPort Extreme upgrade for $100 ($30 drop), while offering the Bluetooth upgrade separately for $50. Apple is also offering 1GB RAM upgrades for $325 ($150 drop) and offering a faster 8x SuperDrive (with both DVD+/-RW functionality) for the same $100 upgrade price as its previous 4x SuperDrive. A hard drive upgrade to 80GB (from 40GB) is now $50 ($40 drop). The estimated ship time on BTO and standard configuration Mac minis is 3-4 weeks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    [Edit: Moved comments to this thread in the more appropriate Current Hardware forum.]
  • Reply 2 of 3
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Wow, those are some nice price drops!! IRT the 1GB ram stick, Crucial wants $226 for one. Did I mention that was Crucial RAM?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Yeah but it's not "Apple tested".

Anyhow this is still incredible news. Well, for Apple. They really really need to get with the program and have more frequent price drops.