ITMS and Phishing?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I got an email from Apple talking about a market research survey that they want me to participate in ebcause I have bought iTunes, which i have, with a CC, useing this email account, butthe site of the survey is advanis.ca, that is not a US website, is this real? shoul i contact apple? or did they hire a canadian company that hasnt the foresite to get their name .com, and .ca?

It looks authentic, fonts, layout, it really looks like real apple, but I have a sinking feeling about it.

Should I call apple? or report it to gmail as phishing? Or by some chanse could this thing be real? thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Sounds phishy to me. Go ahead and call, but I don't know who exactly to call. Is there a corporate number for the iTMS? E-mail might get through just as quickly.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    here is the full text

Quote:

Thank you for registering at the iTunes Music Store. As a valued customer, your opinion is important to us. We would like to invite you to participate in a survey regarding iTunes. Your input will help us improve new versions of this service.

Apple has partnered with Advanis Research, an independent marketing research firm, to conduct this survey. This survey is for research purposes only. All the information you provide will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be used only for bona fide market research purposes. Survey results are viewed in aggregate. Individual responses are not identified.

We hope that you will take the time to complete this 15-minute survey, as it is an effective and easy way to share your feedback with Apple.

To take the survey: Please visit the following URL or copy it into your Web browser (long addresses may break into 2 lines)

link removed

If you have any problems using the form, please send an e-mail to [email protected] for technical assistance.

If you have any other comments to share with Apple Computer about this survey, please email us at [email protected].

Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Apple Computer, Inc.

You received this e-mail because you registered a product at apple.com As set forth in Apple’s privacy policy, from time to time, we may use your personal information to contact you to participate in a market research survey so we can gauge customer satisfaction and develop better products. If you do not wish to participate in the survey, you are not obligated to do so.

Visit the Apple Store online or at retail locations.

1-800-MY-APPLE

Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 2004 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.

• Reply 3 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Well, it's supposed to be a blind market survey. If they ask you for any financial info or identity info, bail out. These surveys are supposed to be anonymous, right?