Moving desktops or using iTune visualizer as a screensaver....

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

i've stumbled upon a really cool iTunes visualizer Plug-in and i was wondering if there's some way i can set it up as my screen saver? Also does anyone know of any applications that enable you to place a moving desktop.... like kaleidoscopic patterns. Or a desktop that works just like the visualizer, and reacts to the music....?

I realise how much CPU power this would use up, but i reckon it'd look cool....

thanks for your time

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    A program called BackLight can do the desktop thing Can find it heree http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/mo...015&vid=126287 on versionTracker

Don't know about the visualiser thing sorr.

Hitby

Quote:

Originally posted by spiers69

Hey everyone,

i've stumbled upon a really cool iTunes visualizer Plug-in and i was wondering if there's some way i can set it up as my screen saver? Also does anyone know of any applications that enable you to place a moving desktop.... like kaleidoscopic patterns. Or a desktop that works just like the visualizer, and reacts to the music....?

I realise how much CPU power this would use up, but i reckon it'd look cool....

thanks for your time

• Reply 2 of 4
    Thanks for that, ill give it a go
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've downloaded BackLight 2 but i can't get it working!

i scroll down the little menu to "start screen effect' but nothing happens!

Should i try rebooting the computer?

I also can't seem to get the preferences for it to pop open...

can anyone help?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Don't worry just need to log out then back in. Problem solved... This app iis prettty cool... But i'd still love to work out a way of using the iTunes visualizer as a screen saver.. im off to check out versiontracker.com

-see ya, and thanks again