Mac Mini media hub questions

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I will be purchasing a Mac Mini in a few weeks and I wanted to know a few things before I take the plunge.

I want the Mac Mini to play music and DVDs through my 5.1 sound system primarily. I already have an M-Audio adaptor.

At this time I have just a normal composite 27 inch TV. In the near future I plan on buying an HDTV with either DVI input or HDMI input.

For the time being can the composite TV be useful for some general computing and light gaming? For that matter would an HDTV be acceptable for its display?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by hegor

I will be purchasing a Mac Mini in a few weeks and I wanted to know a few things before I take the plunge.

I want the Mac Mini to play music and DVDs through my 5.1 sound system primarily. I already have an M-Audio adaptor.

At this time I have just a normal composite 27 inch TV. In the near future I plan on buying an HDTV with either DVI input or HDMI input.

For the time being can the composite TV be useful for some general computing and light gaming? For that matter would an HDTV be acceptable for its display?

the composite adapter is pretty decent. as far as HD, i dont think you're going to see dramatic improvements. i'm not even sure if the min's graphics card can produce a true HD resolution signal. but anyways, if you dont have any hd content, having an hdtv isn't really going to do much for you. watching movies in true 16:9 will be nice though.