airport signal in ibook 12" 1.2G

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
whenever i download sth or watching QT movie trailers, the signal drops from 3 bars to 1 bars, is this normal?

my iMac 15 flat panel is equipped with airport card (not extreme), but this never happens to it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Are you sure the antenna is plugged in properly? I had the same problem until, after about 4 hours of tearing my hair out, I realised that the antenna seems to have a two stage click into place. You might just need to be a little firmer with it and push harder past the first click. Try it you never know.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGraham

Are you sure the antenna is plugged in properly? I had the same problem until, after about 4 hours of tearing my hair out, I realised that the antenna seems to have a two stage click into place. You might just need to be a little firmer with it and push harder past the first click. Try it you never know.

yeah, tried that, 2 clicks into place,

when it's not download, i have 3 bars in the room,

it just drop when it starts to dl

• Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by firehc

yeah, tried that, 2 clicks into place,

when it's not download, i have 3 bars in the room,

it just drop when it starts to dl

I don't want to nitpick on you, but are you REALLY sure?

I had a similar thing last week - an also posted here (http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=50322)

I THOUGHT I had the antenna in, but eventually, it turned out it wasn't so...

If you read that other thread to the end, you find my suggestion about how to make sure the antenna REALLY clicks all the way down (put it vertically on hard ground - eg. your iBook's area next to the loudspeakers). THIS really solved it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    yeah, i read that already,

and right in place already.