Mac Mini + Canada

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Heyo folks, has anyone in Canada ordered a Mac Mini? I ordered mine a few hours after the keynote and have a ship date of "on or before the 28th".

Sucks hearing about everyone already recieving theirs. I was wondering for those who have already gotten it, and ordered on the 11th, what was your ship date?

The wait is killing me

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    I didin't order a Mac Mini but I did order an iPod Shuffle right after the keynote. It was suppose to ship on or before Jan 20th, then I got an e-mail saying Jan 21st, then another saying Jan 24th. The good news is it actually did ship out on Jan 23rd, the bad news is I just found out it won't plug into the usb port on my eMac, so I won't be able to use it anyway. If I were you I would expect a few days delay but hopefully nothing more seeing as how you ordered it right away.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    I'm going to wait till Tiger comes out before I order my Mini. The wait is already getting unbearable and I still have anywhere from 3 to 6 months to wait.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    soegsoeg Posts: 5member
    I think it's shipped! I can't be sure though... I got an invoice from CAREPAID. Mumbling something about something... didn't really say anything. It says Ship date as the 26th, from California. But the status at the apple site is stil "open".

Where is my mini?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    slow down there soeg...
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I ordered a mini about 5 hours after the keynote: 1.25 Ghz, BTO 512MB -- estimated ship: on or before Jan 28th. I don't care if it gets delayed a bit, but I hope Apple doesn't try to play the same game they are with my iPod shuffle. Originally estimated to ship Jan 20th, it's since been changed to the 21st, then the 24th... then 25th... then 26th.... and in roughly two and a half hours I fully expect to get an email saying that it's going to ship on or before the 27th. Is their inventory management really so bad that they can make the same mistake FIVE times in a row? 24 hour shipping projections should not be that hard to get right.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    I'm going to order a Mac mini a.s.a.p... basically as soon as I decide where I'll be able to get one fast enough. For a basic config 1.25 mini, Apple's website is quoting 4-5 weeks for me, which is an incredibly long wait. That would put me in mind February, and over a month closer to the nearing launch of Tiger. Local retail stores are hinting at availability on the 11th... so I might wait things out for them. Which do you think is best?
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pentops

24 hour shipping projections should not be that hard to get right.

I dont think they are. What you will probably find is that Apple are taking the shuffles used to calculate your shipping date and selling to people whose orders didnt exist at the time they calculated your ship date. eg: when wal mart suddenly orders half a million for the next quarter.

What it boils down to is that Apple already has your order, and is willing to piss you off ( because most people are too lazy to cancel ) so that they can get someone elses order as well.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by soeg

I think it's shipped! I can't be sure though... I got an invoice from CAREPAID. Mumbling something about something... didn't really say anything. It says Ship date as the 26th, from California. But the status at the apple site is stil "open".

Where is my mini?

I'm in the same boat. The tracking can be done via www.sameday.ca {assuming your Mini also shipped via Same Day Right Away). The tracking number however will not work untill the item arrives in Canada [7-10 business days]. I am currently working with SameDay to find by Bluetooth keyboard, they seem to have lost it. It shipped on the 12th.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Update: The shuffle actually did end up shipping on the 27th. mmmpie, you're probably right. Apple knows they have me hooked already and they'd rather get these things out in the stores for the people who aren't already loyal apple cutomers. Sucks for us, but it makes business sense.

Now, I don't know what to think about the mini. Apple's being more honest this time... but maybe a bit too cautious (I hope). My shipping date just jumped from Jan 28th to Mar 15th. If that turns out to be accurate, Apple sold a LOT of these things in the first five hours.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    soegsoeg Posts: 5member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pentops My shipping date just jumped from Jan 28th to Mar 15th. If that turns out to be accurate, Apple sold a LOT of these things in the first five hours. [/B]

Yikes! My shipping date was always the 28th, and FedEx picked it up on the 28th and it's on it's way here right now