iPod Menu Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have the 10 G iPod with the buttons above the scroll bar. Is there anyway to customize the main menu so instead of browse and playlists put that into "Music" and also add shuffle songs to the main menu like on the newer iPods. I care more about adding shuffle because that would help out a lot. Is this possible??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

I have the 10 G iPod with the buttons above the scroll bar. Is there anyway to customize the main menu so instead of browse and playlists put that into "Music" and also add shuffle songs to the main menu like on the newer iPods. I care more about adding shuffle because that would help out a lot. Is this possible??

no it isnt. you need a 4G iPod for that. what i did is put artists and playlists on the main menu, then made smart playlists of "rock" alternative" "hip hop/rap" etc, so I essentially have 'Genres' under my playlist category. i usually only listen to playlists, but if i want an artist, its on the main menu.

edit: also, if you're on the main menu and just hit play (assuming you're not already in a playlist, it'll play your library. its the same thing as "shuffle songs" but it doesnt have a name. well, i guess that requires your ipod to be set to shuffle songs, but whatever. i think most people have it that way.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    thanks for the response. it would be nice to have shuffle on the main menu but its not worth shelling out 300 just for that, especially when i love my ipod otherwise. ill just do the shuffle songs in settings and make a lot of playlists
  • Reply 3 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

thanks for the response. it would be nice to have shuffle on the main menu but its not worth shelling out 300 just for that, especially when i love my ipod otherwise. ill just do the shuffle songs in settings and make a lot of playlists

make a smart playlist of everything and then make sure shuffle is ticked in the settings menu. Then choose that playlist, shuffle in menu!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

make a smart playlist of everything and then make sure shuffle is ticked in the settings menu. Then choose that playlist, shuffle in menu!

that is also a great place to leave out the Griffin iTrip Stations if you have them. in the smart playlist criteria, add a bar that says "artist is not griffin technology." no more beeps when you shuffle!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

that is also a great place to leave out the Griffin iTrip Stations if you have them. in the smart playlist criteria, add a bar that says "artist is not griffin technology." no more beeps when you shuffle!

well as long as you don't press pause it wont change the station but yeah, best to leave them out.