Searching for photos in iLife 4

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
It is my impression that I can search for photos in my library by title and iPhoto help says that I can do this by:

"1 Select the Photo Library icon or select an album that contains photos you want to search.

2 Choose Keywords from the Edit menue.

3 Type the text you want to find in the search field.

As you type, iPhoto displays photos that contain the text

you specify."

That is what it says. However, when I go to the Edit menue there is no "keyword" listing. I just show - undo, redo, cut, copy, paste, select all, deselect all, font, spelling. I've been to the Apple store and they just have Panther on all their units and there is a "search field" built into the display.

How do I search by title using Jaguar (10.2).

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Yeah, this was the thing that irritated me the most about iPhoto 4. In 2 you could search this way, but for some reason the search field on the Keyword window was removed in 4. The search field has returned in iPhoto 5 (one of MANY reasons to upgrade...the iPhoto upgrade is well worth the entire iLife '05 price tag.)

The only way I found to get around it in iPhoto 4 was to create a smart album and define the search based on your titles, etc. (in my case it was comments.) Annoying way to do it, but it worked.

Anyway, hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    cbothcboth Posts: 16member
    Thanks. I do plan to upgrade to 5 and nice to know it has corrected problem.