Software to extract audio from PS2 games.. Read on

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey everyone,

im trying to extract the audio files from GTA:San Andreas. I was wondering if anyone knows of any software that might enable me to do such a thing?

While this probably isn't legal, i don't consider what im trying to do as very nasty or anyting like that, this is audio that i've already payed for, and it's not as if im trying to pirate the game. I just want some of the game's tunes for my mp3 collection.

Well thanks for your time

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I'm not too familiar with GTA, but is there a screen like in GT3 where you can just play the music straight through? If there is, then I'm sure an enterprising youth could come up with a way to take the audio out from the PS2 and run it through his mac and use WireTap to capture the audio. Maybe not the best way or the best quality, but something to think about.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Is there a PS2 emulator out there yet that works? Mac? Or PC?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Seems simple enough. I am sure radio Shack has some device that an convert the composite video and ausio cables to a 1/8th in. microphone jack. Then just use a simple audio program to record (and "monitor" if you want to hear it). I use a program called Audio Recorder that i got from http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17392 which is really simple and supports many formats.