New iPhoto is like WOW! (Thoughts?)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

OK now tell me if I'm wrong here. It seems that it can only adjust color levels all at once. In Photoshop you can do RGB all at once, or do Red, Blue, and Green separately. It is key because many times one particular color has different levels. So can iPhoto do that?

You cant really adjust the levels as such, you can adjust things like tint, temperature, exposure, sharpness. Really the only level adjustment is setting the black and white points.

What is really cool is that as you adjust those sliders the RGB level graph dynamically updates, so with a little practice you can do things to adjust the individual levels. For example, temperature adjust the Red - Blue relationship, and Tint adjusts Red - Green. You can adjust to Tint and temperature to get skewed levels to line up.

Lots of fun. Really, its heaps of fun to fiddle with the sliders and see how it adjusts the level graph. I think that giving individual colour adjustments would only add to the complexity of it, without a huge gain - pro users can use photoshop.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Does this update improve folder organisation?? I've found the way iPhoto stores photos to be a bit annoying...in a series of nested numbered folders that don't mean anything with seemingly no organisation in the photos they contain... Can't it be a bit smarter like iTunes and organise by album or date or something?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by s.metcalf

Does this update improve folder organisation?? I've found the way iPhoto stores photos to be a bit annoying...in a series of nested numbered folders that don't mean anything with seemingly no organisation in the photos they contain... Can't it be a bit smarter like iTunes and organise by album or date or something?

the whole point of iphoto is to not have to worry about file structure under the hood. it gives it all a GUI.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by s.metcalf

iPhoto organises by date!!

Open the iPhoto library and you'll see the year; then the month and then the date. How else would you like them to do it?