5G iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hmmmmm.. lets think.. what features will the next ipod have?

and of course, what will it look like?

lets see if we can come up with some cool ideas.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    Personally, I think they should make the iPod have a color screen by default. I would like to be able to see my music's album art and have the nice looking interface that the iPod photo has.

Also, I think they should replace that shiny steal back with a nice silver brushed aluminum back. That way, scratches aren't so visible. I like the mini's finish.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    If I remain particle then I?d simply like built-in support for a barebones infrared remote. That would alleviate one appendage.

If I?m allowed to dream, I?d like to be able to slide off the front of the iPod leaving the hard drive and all docked while using the display and click wheel as a remote.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    dglowdglow Posts: 147member
    Quote:

Originally posted by YoMaMa

If I?m allowed to dream, I?d like to be able to slide off the front of the iPod leaving the hard drive and all docked while using the display and click wheel as a remote.

Yes - that would be most excellent.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    I just want gapless playback
  • Reply 5 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyb

Damn right - both iTunes iPods do not do justice to all of my lovely albums where the tunes melt beautifully into each other ... sigh. Brushed metal finish would be lovely.

Don't really need much in the way of new features I don't think, but if they make it a brushed silver finished, with the 40gb the same thicknes as the 20gb, and a slight price drop, I'll swap my shuffle instantly. Can't wait til the summer for this baby!
  • Reply 6 of 20
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyb

I'll third that!
  • Reply 7 of 20
    I dont need more features... just a completely brushed aluminum enclosure.

They should sell the normal one for like $300/400/500 and the brushed aluminum one for like $35 to $50 more than those.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by zpapasmurf

I dont need more features... just a completely brushed aluminum enclosure.

And gapless playback!
  • Reply 9 of 20
    For once, everyone seems to be in agreement - we don't really need new features, just minor tweaks - gapless playback, and a silver casing which doesn't show the scratches so much. If I keep saying it enough, it might come true!
  • Reply 10 of 20
    So just to recap, we just want gapless playback and a silver casing that doesnt show as many scratches, such as brushed aluminum...

(I decided to help out and say it again for you )
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by zpapasmurf

So just to recap, we just want gapless playback and a silver casing that doesnt show as many scratches, such as brushed aluminum...

(I decided to help out and say it again for you )

Oh...and...gapless playback.

• Reply 12 of 20
    igiligil Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomic_angel

Oh...and...gapless playback.

...and a color screen.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

I'll third that!

tell them in feedback
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Agreed on the color screen and gapless playback. And how about; A method for skipping entire albums? For those moments you're in Album Shuffle and don't want to listen to a particular album. I've already submitted feedback for that feature.

Of all the things I love about the iPod its ruined one thing for me: Listening to entire cds, and skipping the ones I don't want to listen to at that moment.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

tell them in feedback

I already did, several months ago. The nerve of Apple not to have done something already!
  • Reply 16 of 20
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    How about playback without the gaps?
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

How about playback without the gaps?

yeah that's a good point that no-ones mentioned
  • Reply 18 of 20
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I'd like to see the 5G iPod take the form of a larger iPod Mini. The wraparound aluminum case in colors. It seems to me to be a better, more durable and attractive design than the plastic and finger print and scratch ridden steel back. I'd also like to see it slightly smaller but most importantly I'd like to see vastly improved battery life. Color screens as standard would also be quite nice however I still find them more of a gimmick than an actual necessity or UI benefit.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

I'd like to see the 5G iPod take the form of a larger iPod Mini. The wraparound aluminum case in colors. It seems to me to be a better, more durable and attractive design than the plastic and finger print and scratch ridden steel back. I'd also like to see it slightly smaller but most importantly I'd like to see vastly improved battery life. Color screens as standard would also be quite nice however I still find them more of a gimmick than an actual necessity or UI benefit.

the UI is a lot nicer on the photo, it's a lot clearer and better. A colour screen would be nice on all iPods but then why not make all iPods photo?