View the Apple-Pepsi Super Bow iTunes commercial

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Like last year, AppleInsider has obtained an advanced copy of the Pepsi iTunes television commercial that will debut on February 6th during Super Bowl XXXIX. The game will be played between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles.

Powered by Mac mini Servers.com

Earlier today, Pepsi announced that this will be the 19th consecutive year it will advertise during the Super Bowl. The company said it will air four new commercials for Diet Pepsi and the Pepsi iTunes promotion during Super Bowl XXXIX.

The spots will air in the first and second quarters over a total of two and a half minutes during Fox's telecast on February 6th.

"Featuring a number of popular tracks from a series of music genres, these commercials illustrate how winning a free song from the Pepsi iTunes promotion is as easy as opening a bottle of Pepsi," the company said.

In addition to the 45-second iTunes commercial shown above, Pepsi said it will also debut a 30-second spot, which is still under development.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
  • Reply 2 of 26
    bananashotgun.com has a mirror up.
  • Reply 3 of 26
    What is the song that the boyfriend is listening to (third song in the commercial), and why is it bad/embarassing/offensive? I can't understand the lyrics.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    OK -- We've got the ad on a 100Mbit connection now. It should be serving fine off AppleInsider.

Best,

Kasper
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wysz

What is the song that the boyfriend is listening to (third song in the commercial), and why is it bad/embarassing/offensive? I can't understand the lyrics.

"I like your mom"
  • Reply 6 of 26
    wyszwysz Posts: 6member
    Thanks, now it makes sense. Unless you weren't talking about the song...

Quote:

Originally posted by macnut222

"I like your mom"

• Reply 7 of 26
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Not too terrible. Eons better than last year.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    When you think about it being a superbowl commercial and all im not that impressed. On a 0-10 i give it a 5 meaning when it comes on ill be flipping to another channel. Dont watch commercials unless they are really good. Like those Horses playing football now that was cool. A great commercial makes you want to watch. Apple advertising has been pretty lame and we still dont know that Apple is even a computer company. Anyone ever see a iMac add? Powermac?MiniMac? Is Apple a computer company or a music company?
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

Not too terrible. Eons better than last year.

Just what I was thinking; much catchier and more understandable than last years. Combined with getting the bottles out on time, I think this years giveaway will be a much bigger success. I already cached in four songs--and their play is working, since I paid for two albums while I was at it.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Im gonna guess that that commercial was made by pepsi
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Not exactly a glowing endorsement of Mac Mini Servers.com
  • Reply 12 of 26
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aurora

Apple advertising has been pretty lame and we still dont know that Apple is even a computer company. Anyone ever see a iMac add? Powermac?MiniMac? Is Apple a computer company or a music company?

Don't disagree but which is Sony? Which arm does Sony advertise the most? Simple answer is they are both though and they are now just separate arms of the same company.
  • Reply 13 of 26
    i think its a great ad. now pepsi just needs to get the bottles actually in stores unlike last year's screw up.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    niiiiice
  • Reply 15 of 26
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

When you think about it being a superbowl commercial and all im not that impressed. On a 0-10 i give it a 5 meaning when it comes on ill be flipping to another channel. Dont watch commercials unless they are really good. Like those Horses playing football now that was cool. A great commercial makes you want to watch. Apple advertising has been pretty lame and we still dont know that Apple is even a computer company. Anyone ever see a iMac add? Powermac?MiniMac? Is Apple a computer company or a music company?

Apple is a digital media company as Steve Jobs said last month.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    last years was awesome because you could see if it was a winner before you opened it
  • Reply 17 of 26
    Quote:

apple seems to be doing damn well with only advertising iPods. an ad for one product is essentially an ad for the whole company and all its products. seriously, without iPod commercials, do you think apple would have gotten so much attention for things like the iMac G5 and Mac mini? no.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    gsikgsik Posts: 1member
    thats a sweet ad

what is the name of the song that plays when the girl takes out the pepsi from the fridge at the start of the ad?
  • Reply 19 of 26
    So close.

They should have gotten Ashlee Simpson to do the ad - she could have opened the wrong bottle of Pepsi and then did a jig and blame her band for it.
  • Reply 20 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by ClimbingTheLog

So close.

They should have gotten Ashlee Simpson to do the ad - she could have opened the wrong bottle of Pepsi and then did a jig and blame her band for it.

hahahahaha

that would have been so funny. like she opens pepsi and its like a rap song and shes lip syncing and looking at her band like whats happening. that would have been awesome