I won a Epson Photo R800

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apparently I won an Epson Photo R800 at MWSF. I just got a voicemail saying they needed information from me. Pretty cool, I never win anything.

Anyone have comments on this printer? I just looked it up and its MSRP is 400 bucks! didn't expect to get something so valuable. it also has Firewire which is cool. How well does connecting a printer via Firewire work? Are all the features supported?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

Apparently I won an Epson Photo R800 at MWSF. I just got a voicemail saying they needed information from me. Pretty cool, I never win anything.

Anyone have comments on this printer? I just looked it up and its MSRP is 400 bucks! didn't expect to get something so valuable. it also has Firewire which is cool. How well does connecting a printer via Firewire work? Are all the features supported?

I have an R300 and absolutely love it!

Epson is at the top of its game right now- their printers kick @$$!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Lucky bastard.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cj3209cj3209 Posts: 158member
    It's supposed to be as good if not better than the 2200 but I'm having a hard time getting the color to match my monitor. I've profiled my monitor but I still can't get that perfect match with my lcd. The R800 has slight magenta overtones as well. All-in-all, I'm not that satisfied with this printer - not at $399.

But for FREE, heck, what a bargain...

• Reply 4 of 6
    oh yea.. I got that flyer on the mail. Good for you.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I got an R800 about a month ago - it's fantastic, but for some reason I can't print on DVDs/CDs.

I'm using printable media, but it errors out each time. I need to try other media maybe.

Photo prints are amazing though.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Here is a very comprehensive review. Looks like an excellent printer... Congrats!