Mail Formating.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I use Mail.app for work as well as personal mail and I am having trouble with the format of the text in mails that I forward or reply to. All text formating is lost and ends up looking like this:

univem-martigues-340967#sh log Jan 3 08:29:07:%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to down Jan 31 08:29:07: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Down Interface flap Jan 31 08:29:08: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial0, changed state to down Jan 31 08:29:08.774: %TAC+: no address for get_server Jan 31

It must be said that the receivers of these mails are all using Outlook.

I have briefly tried changing the text encoding but have not found the solution.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Outlook defaults to sending HTML mail (boo!) with a really bad text version attached. Tell your friends to do the right thing and set Outlook to send text mail.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

Outlook defaults to sending HTML mail (boo!) with a really bad text version attached. Tell your friends to do the right thing and set Outlook to send text mail.

Thanks, but the problem is not witth the mails i receive from them, but with the mails they recieve from me. Not new mails, but forwarded or replies.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yes.. because Mail.app reads HTML mail fine, but does not send it (a good thing), so you are replying to to the text version, not the HTML version. Once again, the solution is to have your friends not send HTML mail (ever).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Karl Kuehn

Yes.. because Mail.app reads HTML mail fine, but does not send it (a good thing), so you are replying to to the text version, not the HTML version. Once again, the solution is to have your friends not send HTML mail (ever).

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunatley them not sending HTML is not goig to happen, as they use coporate standard machines and I do not. I am going to have to find a way to adapt to them, and not the other way round