New imacs and powermacs must be comeing soon

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I say this because the features chart under the modles of imac and powermacs in the apple store online have not been updated to show ilife 05 - but the Power books, ibooks, and emacs have...hummm...what will apple.com look like tomorrow at noon (eastern)...?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    I don't think the PowerMac or iMac will be updated for at least a few more month. The 2.5Ghz PowerMac still has a 5-7 day wait.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    Check again, the PowerMacs are same day shipping across the board. Have been for about a week.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Don't you think they'll hold off any significant PowerMac update until the release of Tiger?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    That would make it a full year between upgrades. Very unlike apple. They're already more than 2 months behind the average upgrade time.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    I'm thinking a minor upgrade / speed bump in the next few weeks, but a major revision mid year + Tiger, ie worth waiting for. No point having a snazy new OS without something to show it off on?
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by vtprinz

That would make it a full year between upgrades. Very unlike apple. They're already more than 2 months behind the average upgrade time.

perhaps you're forgetting last year. that macrumors.com buying guide thing is based on updates from long ago. since the G5 was intorduced, there have been only yearly updates to Power Macs. (i'm referring to major updates, not the addition of single processor 1.8's and stuff like that).
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

i'm referring to major updates

I'm not

I just want a small speed bump. I'm looking at the dual 1.8 right now, and I have to buy before March. I'm pretty damn sure I'll be happy either way, but if I could get a dual 2.0 for the same price as the 1.8 is now, I wouldn't be complaining

I don't expect a major upgrade until June at least
  • Reply 8 of 16
    and if you notice, the PowerMac and iMac and... well, pretty much everything except the mac mini and powerbooks are still using DVD-R/CD-RW superdrives. the mini and PB use DVD+/-RW/CDRW drive. just a small thing i've noticed, so small updates like that i'm assuming are immenent. and the addition of ilife '05 on all machines. its little stuff like that that i'd like to see very soon
  • Reply 9 of 16
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    you do get iLife5 on ALL new powermacs.

j.

just got one yesterday (uk shop says iLife 04) but generic specs just say iLife with a link to the page
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

since the G5 was intorduced, there have been only yearly updates to Power Macs.

But that was because of the delay waiting for the 90 nm process G5's to get into full swing production.These long update cycles hurt Apple more than they would like to admit.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    www.macosrumors.com seems to have something up there sleeve. They've mentioned something about new PowerMacs but have yet to actuallly post what they've heard.

Should be posted sometime today.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    And now let the MOSR bashing commence!

(MOSR has no more insight than your average AI poster.)
  • Reply 13 of 16
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by vtprinz

www.macosrumors.com seems to have something up there sleeve. They've mentioned something about new PowerMacs but have yet to actuallly post what they've heard.

Should be posted sometime today.

I think there should be a rule...

If you use MOSR as a reference on this site... it should be automatic banning!
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

And now let the MOSR bashing commence!

(MOSR has no more insight than your average AI poster.)

???

I've seen MOSR posted here a couple times before. IN FACT I didn't even know about the website until I started looking through this forum.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    MOSR is deadly serious and utterly wrong most of the time.

They used to be good, not so much anymore. Once in a while they get something right but their record is much worse then Appleinsider, Macrumors, and especially Think Secret (who has basically become the gold standard over the last year).

Anything they say will not come true. Unless they get very very lucky, or very very obvious. For example I agree with them about Apple coming out with a 17 widescreen LCD, but that's not something one needs a rumor site for; thats just thinking about what Apple needs to hook up with the Mac Mini. A cheaper monitor.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Well put Monk. You just pegged MOSR.