I know AOL sucks, but it's gone mental...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This has happened to both of my macs now, and I can't fix it. AOL suddenly went psycho, and everytime I launch it, it says: The Tool "Mail" Could Not Be Loaded (error= -39). I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, rebooted the computer, repaired permissions, dumped the aol preferences files. The program simply will not work anymore... even when it occasionally allows me to log in (using TCP/IP), I can't write mail, read mail, get address book-- nothing!

I know AOL sucks, but I have had the email account for many years and I use it for business, so I keep it. But if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do, I would appreciate it. It was working fine for over a year on my 1.25GHz AluBook 15", then suddenly it just stopped working. i cant even get in to the app to contact AOL help.

TIA...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

This has happened to both of my macs now, and I can't fix it. AOL suddenly went psycho, and everytime I launch it, it says: The Tool "Mail" Could Not Be Loaded (error= -39). I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, rebooted the computer, repaired permissions, dumped the aol preferences files. The program simply will not work anymore... even when it occasionally allows me to log in (using TCP/IP), I can't write mail, read mail, get address book-- nothing!

I know AOL sucks, but I have had the email account for many years and I use it for business, so I keep it. But if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do, I would appreciate it. It was working fine for over a year on my 1.25GHz AluBook 15", then suddenly it just stopped working. i cant even get in to the app to contact AOL help.

TIA...

get a new email account and send out a mass mailing or put in your signature that they should reply to the new address. save money and reduce problems. that's allstate's stand.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

get a new email account and send out a mass mailing or put in your signature that they should reply to the new address. save money and reduce problems. that's allstate's stand.

I am considering that, but there has to be a solution to this problem without simply giving up. \