cancel your online/phone order

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by honesttruth

I used to work for apple and I'd like to give you some tips in order to save money. Apple will reduce .5% of your total order if you state that you want to cancel it. This has to be done before the order has been shipped out. So all you have to do is call in and say you want to cancel. More tips will come later

you're saying that they will OFFER to reduce it by .5% if you say you want to cancel it but then reconsider? Or they will reinburse you with an extra .5% on top of that?

BTW, thanks for the tips, keep em coming!!!

Just make sure like hell you're at a cybercafe' or something... I have a funny feeling Apple will be dispatching the Black Assassin Ninja in silent stealth helicopters already... *thump thump thump*
  • Reply 2 of 3
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I don't know, I cancelled a pretty expensive order last year, and they asked me why I was doing so. I said I had gotten a slightly better deal at the local dealer, and she just said "oh, ok. Thanks for calling Apple."

She was probably thinking "nice try, assmunch".

• Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I don't know, I cancelled a pretty expensive order last year, and they asked me why I was doing so. I said I had gotten a slightly better deal at the local dealer, and she just said "oh, ok. Thanks for calling Apple."

She was probably thinking "nice try, assmunch".

They have your name on yellow stickies on everybody's monitors with a note not to give you the discount.