iPod stuck on hold

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This is very annoying, and it just started today. I was going to listen to a song at school (hold off) and nothing came up. I thought it was out of batteries. I get home plug it into the computer to charge it, I see it charging and I figure it must of been out of batteries. I unplug it less the 1 minutes later beacause I remembered I charged it overnight. I see that it is fully charged but the lock is on the upper left. However the hold button was not on. The iPod then shut off after a few seconds of inactivity, and I can't reset the iPod because it's on hold. What should I do?? Someone please help, I NEED my iPod.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Ok I fixed it I feel like an idiot. What happened was I must of leaned funny on my iPod and I pushed the white front just a bit so it didn't line up perfect with the back. This caused it to stay on hold because it couldnt be move far enough left to resume. I then realized what had happened (hard to know because it still felt the same, just slightly off), and I snapped it back into place.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    nd32k3nd32k3 Posts: 187member
    Well Ive had my iPod for over 1 year and a half and this is the first time this has happened, so that is a good thing.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nd32k3

Well Ive had my iPod for over 1 year and a half and this is the first time this has happened, so that is a good thing.

my iPod photo wont turn off! I sync it and then it refuses to turn off for at least a min, it requires lots of flicks of the hold button and going through menus and then it will! Infuriating