First timer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi everyone, Iam currently a PC user and sometime in these coming weeks i am planning on purchasing a Power book. Iam interested in the 15" 1.67GHZ superdrive Powerbook. My question is , Do you guys advise me to go ahead and buy this PB or wait for the newer G5 version?

Also i have been reading in the threads that there might be a dual version of the G4 PB , if yes when will it be released?

Also when will the G5 PB be released?

I am not a graphic designer of any sort, iam actually a Physican, and mainly use the computer to surf the web, power point presentations and using Word.

So whats your advise?

Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MACTIME

Hi everyone, Iam currently a PC user and sometime in these coming weeks i am planning on purchasing a Power book. Iam interested in the 15" 1.67GHZ superdrive Powerbook. My question is , Do you guys advise me to go ahead and buy this PB or wait for the newer G5 version?

Every time I hear this question I snicker...the things were just updated last week.

A few people here may say wait, but I say NO, just get one and start enjoying it.

The PB is a great product, in my opinion, the worlds finest laptop. you will enjoy it. If you have braudband at home, I strongly recomend going wireless if you are not already...you will not regret it.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Yes, and when and if the G5 ever comes out everyone is going to wait and see if there are "issues".

you know like sterilization of your 'nads, setting the drapes on fire etc.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    buy now. dont listen to anyone that says otherwise.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

Yes, and when and if the G5 ever comes out everyone is going to wait and see if there are "issues".

you know like sterilization of your 'nads, setting the drapes on fire etc.

Lmao!! I concur with the above posts. They were JUST updated. Buy one now and have fun with it. We don't even know IF there will a "G5" in a Powerbook. And as already mentioned, there have been a few revisions of the PB in its current form and most (if not all) of the "bugs" have been worked out. Who knows what the 1st revision G5's hold in store?

You'll always be waiting for the "next best thing" if you don't buy sometime. The situation would be different had you asked. . .oh. . .a week ago.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Thanks for the reply. BTW whats Tiger ?

thanks
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Thanks for the reply. BTW whats Tiger ?

thanks

The next version of OSX.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Do you guys have any idea of how is it going to be better than the current operating system?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Get the powerbook now!!!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    get the powerbook man. tiger will be great.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    Quote:

Do you guys have any idea of how is it going to be better than the current operating system?

Sure do, just check these pages out!