Got my iPod Shuffle

Comments

• Reply 61 of 126
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Poser isn't a new spelling - been around since before the internet - it's in my dictionary which I have longer than i've had a modem!

Yea I looked it up and saw both. It seems much cooler my way
  • Reply 62 of 126
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Yea I looked it up and saw both. It seems much cooler my way

You mean, the French way?
  • Reply 63 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

You mean, the French way?

I make up for it by only eating freedom snacks at dinner parties.
  • Reply 64 of 126
    Quote:

I make up for it by only eating freedom snacks at dinner parties.

Before going to dinner parties, you're not free?
  • Reply 65 of 126
    i bought a 512mb iPod shuffle today. i didn't "need" one, but i got a $75 mail in rebate on it, so it was a no-brainer...
  • Reply 66 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Before going to dinner parties, you're not free?

I'm free before and after.

BTW fscking Apple shipped my shuffle. They should upgrade me to over night shipping for the wait
  • Reply 67 of 126
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    hooray for the thread getting back on track! sorry for helping with the thread jack. mine is still being made somewhere. that or sitting in it's packaging mocking me from some apple warehouse because they refuse to ship it.
  • Reply 68 of 126
    Quote:

I'm free before and after.

BTW fscking Apple shipped my shuffle. They should upgrade me to over night shipping for the wait

They might do - I'm sure I got overnight delivery. When I ordered it said on or before the 26th (I think) and it arrived bang on the button - the day after they emailed me to say it was dispatched.
  • Reply 69 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

i bought a 512mb iPod shuffle today. i didn't "need" one, but i got a $75 mail in rebate on it, so it was a no-brainer...

Holy Cow, how did you work that deal!
  • Reply 70 of 126
    My 512MB shuffle should be at my door either today or tomorrow
  • Reply 71 of 126
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Sorel

My 512MB shuffle should be at my door either today or tomorrow

i've got one in front of me. In the UK resellers are getting small batches and I managed to grab one last week! they're very cool
  • Reply 72 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

They might do - ...

Tuesday. No Shuffle.

1:02 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility_LOS ANGELES CA

10:45 am Pickup status_ONTARIO CA
  • Reply 73 of 126
    Quote:

Originally posted by D.J. Adequate

Holy Cow, how did you work that deal!

a computer store nearby was offering a mail-in-rebate if you buy any ipod AND apply for their store credit card (hey, i can always cancel it later).

i love my new shuffle! it's better than i thought it would be, and i dont miss not having a screen. but i find the slider switch in back a bit hard to move. they should have put a raised finger grip on it.
  • Reply 74 of 126
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

a computer store nearby was offering a mail-in-rebate if you buy any ipod AND apply for their store credit card (hey, i can always cancel it later).

i love my new shuffle! it's better than i thought it would be, and i dont miss not having a screen. but i find the slider switch in back a bit hard to move. they should have put a raised finger grip on it.

if you hold the iPod shuffle front facing you and use your thumb under the control on the front to grip it you'll find that it's easier to move the slider. you can also turn it over and use the thumb on the top of the shiffle and your finger on the slider. I found it tricky, at first, but if you do it this way I've had no problems.
  • Reply 75 of 126
    Quote:

Tuesday. No Shuffle.

1:02 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility_LOS ANGELES CA

10:45 am Pickup status_ONTARIO CA

Delivery in the UK must be more efficient. Mine was in the Netherlands the previous night, but arrived the next day.
  • Reply 76 of 126
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Does anyone feel that the cap is not a good idea for the iPod shuffle?

Wouldn't it be relatively easy for the cap to pop off when it's on the lanyard? thus, you lose the iPod shuffle since it's connected to the cap, and not the string.

???
  • Reply 77 of 126
    its pretty dang tight, I mean it takes some force to pull it off. and with the shuffle only weighing as much as a pack of gum it is extremely unlikely for it to fall off.
  • Reply 78 of 126
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by badtz

Wouldn't it be relatively easy for the cap to pop off when it's on the lanyard? thus, you lose the iPod shuffle since it's connected to the cap, and not the string.

Some site took it apart already... the cap has two spring mounted balls that fir the holes in the USB-connector.

Off-topic:

Can I format an iPod (regular and shuffle) for PC on my Mac and still do the initial setup on the Mac. It really bugs me that it formats it for the Mac by default as I have some Windows PCs that I'd like to use to feed it.

Also, can the data portion of the shuffle be PC formated on a Mac?
  • Reply 79 of 126
    I got my Shuffle. I found a major flaw already. It can't seem to play when plugged into the USB port. How am I supposed to charge and/or move files while I listen?
  • Reply 80 of 126
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

I got my Shuffle. I found a major flaw already. It can't seem to play when plugged into the USB port. How am I supposed to charge and/or move files while I listen?

Moving files, I guess, will be impossible while listening. When plugged into a computer, the iPods (regular as well as shuffle) change into a different state, ready for file transfer. This is why the ones with display show the "Do not disconnect!" screen.

Try "ejecting" (unmounting) it while keeping it pluged into the USB port, this should make your iPod accessible again while charging. This should work for sure on a mac, don't know about Windows.