HELP PLS: Professional CRM for Apple

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi Everyone,

Having switched all 4 PC's in my company to Macs (and loving it) I now have to find a good CRM software package for my company. Where the PC world has lots of alternatives I don't seem to be able to find a decent solution for this on the Mac ... or a good Apple dealer to advise me herein.

What I am looking for is a all-in-one program which allows me to:

- Store company and contact details preferably with a photo of the contact

- Write and receive e-mails from the program and be able to link them to the relation

- Write letters and have a chosen layout with their address details added automatically based on made templates.

- Have these letters linked to the relation too.

- Have other documents like sound files linked to a relation

- Create invoices and reminders of which the layout is fully customisable and extra calculations can be made (like generating a payment date in the invoice or adding a credit surcharge in the total for payments after a certain date)

- Have a multi-user agenda

- Work in a client-server environment

- Have a complete history of each relation with notes.

- Store quotes, etc.

- Create mailings (and thus selections)

- Have a easy to use look & feel

It would also be a nice to have a function where the information is made accessible through a web interface (but not on a ASP model).

I have looked at all the solutions on the made4mac page at the apple site containing the word CRM but most of them are just very simple tools not aimed at companies.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Greetings from Amsterdam,

Michael

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Theres not much out there partner as Apple is still considered a graphics machine to the business world but here is what I use Daylite . Goodluck!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    look on http://sourceforge.net/index.php as well. There is an opensource project that is still active. Binaries are available for OSX and Win, Linux, etc etc...
  • Reply 3 of 13
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Professional CRM is a problem for Mac OS X.

We have Daylite sitting on the shelf, but the interface is too cluttered for my liking.

Redlien AccountExecutive doesn't appear to be ready for prime time, certainly not in multi-user environments.

Filemaker introduced a series of Business apps last year. They said at the time they would be doing a Sales Management app, but it never materialized.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Thanks for all the advice.

I've looked at the web based solutions but they don't allow me to make template letters or invoices.

I have found a program however of which I am very impressed: Revolver Pro. It is currently in a Beta release but looks very promising. The program is a make over of a program the company released earlier called Mono 2.1.1 This one works very fast. It is in German only unfortunately.

Revolver is in English and the Beta is downloadable from www.revolversoft.com

Any other suggestions are still appreciated though.

Best,

Michael
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Thanks for that link. Hadn't heard about that one yet.

That Revolver project has a problem though. It's just recreating frameworks that are already available on Mac OS X.

Users would have to take the time to sync AB and iCal.

I understand the problem, though. Third Parties are wary of basing their solutions on Apple-controlled frameworks, for fear that one .x update cripples their whole company.

Apple's got to get Address Book to the point where it's a viable Customer Manager, and fix iCal so that Task management, well, actually exists.

Wrap Mail/iCal/Address Book together, along with easy access to Pages templates and an internal database to keep track of linkages, invoicing and correspondance, and you have pretty much what most people are asking for.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Of course, the other option would be to buy DayLite and replace the interface with a version of the Apple Pro interface that wasn't so convoluted.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    I actually think that Apple should indeed wrap it all into one CRM package. Or create a completely new app.

Lets face it isn't it ridiculous that for a software platform which want's to attract business users there isn't a decent solution to run your business?

Since switching to Apple from Windows I have gained a considerable amount of time normally spent on fixing the f****ing crashed Windows machines. However I lose a lot of time having to enter clients details in multiple programs to print invoices, manage projects, etc.

A good CRM package with Apple's interface wouldn't be that hard to make for team Apple (especially if we look at the advanced programs they make this should be a breeze). And perhaps Apple would end up having another great reason for non-creative small companies to switch.

Right?

For the rest I love my mac ofcourse ;-)
  • Reply 8 of 13
    If they made it very Sales focused, it wouldn't take away from MS Office on the platform, which is the overriding concern for any Apple productivity apps.

Until, of course, that wonderful day comes when they're ready to put Office out of its misery.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Totally integrated crm package! and also in your moers taal
  • Reply 10 of 13
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    I downloaded Revolver, and I can't get it to work, it just sat at "Load Application" I tried every version on their site and nothing... to bad there support site is all in German.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    schmidrjschmidrj Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

I downloaded Revolver, and I can't get it to work, it just site at "Load Application" I tried every version on their site and nothing... to bad there support site is all in German.

Overkill for your needs, but Siebel does support Macs (although not as well as PC's).
  • Reply 12 of 13
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    I believe there is a product coming that will do most of what you're looking for; it's called TIGER.

With Spotlight, and a Bluetooth or IP telephone solution I can have an automatic search run from caller-ID that will pull up every document, meeting, e-mail, etc. with that client before I even answer the phone.

That's simply awesome.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    pubguypubguy Posts: 108member
    Here's another web-based solution with specific instructions for use with OS X

http://www.mac360.com/index.php/mac3...powerful_free/