My attempt to move to mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
First let me say hello to everyone.

I've been thinking about getting a mac for awhile now especially since I got into web developing. I love the way macs are designed and the layout of OSX but I just wish they had more software support. I been checking out prices on ibooks and powerbooks and they are out of my price range. But a friend of mine told me about this website

http://www.notebooks4free.com/default.aspx?r=193950 so I thought it was interesting and really thought it was a scam. I did my research and comes to find out its legit. So if im successful with this then I hope to get a mac for free but if it doesn't work out then i'll be saving up for one for along time. Gotta love paying for house and cost of living.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    If you have the funds, GO Mac for design, you will not regret it. but do not get rid of windows, keep it arround for testing under IE and Firefox to make absolutly shure that every one can use your product the way you intend.

The site you mention is a scam, you moron. would you give away a laptop to anyone who can give names of 5 people and sign up for a creditcard?

if you want a Mac, take my approche, work your ass off and save for one!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    r00dr00d Posts: 14member
    yeah ofcourse I will keep windows around especially for gaming
  • Reply 3 of 9
    by the way, you are either a spammer or you do not know a damn thing about pro web design if you think it can be done on a 12 inch ibook with stock specs.

and the mac may be free if you work the scam right and get lucky, but you still need ~2000$ in software like studio mx and adobe PS/Illistrator CS

By the way, the website you posted says this is not a pirimyd scheme, and that much is true, it is acctualy a ponzy (sp?) scheme
  • Reply 4 of 9
    who said anything about pro ? Im just starting to goto school for it and most software will be covered with the cost... and its not a scam they really give free laptops.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by r00d

who said anything about pro ? Im just starting to goto school for it and most software will be covered with the cost... and its not a scam they really give free laptops.

I have some prime ocean front property in Nevada, I will trade you streight up for your free laptop.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    that would be nice
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

If you have the funds, GO Mac for design, you will not regret it. but do not get rid of windows, keep it arround for testing under IE and Firefox to make absolutly shure that every one can use your product the way you intend.

The site you mention is a scam, you moron. would you give away a laptop to anyone who can give names of 5 people and sign up for a creditcard?

if you want a Mac, take my approche, work your ass off and save for one!

i SURE hope youre joking. no need to treat someone like that on here, no matter what the circumstances.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Seriously. Just chill a_greer. Also, please use a spell checker.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ok, the people giving notebooks for free are the same ones who are doing free ipods if you want proof then here it is.

http://www.mp3musicguide.com/proof.html

http://www.freeipodguide.com/?ops=pics

and its been on techtv, and nbc so yes they will send you your stuff for free.