New iSight?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It's been out for awhile anyone think it might be updated in the next few months or should I just take the plunge and buy one!?!??!

Thanks a ton! ~Matt~

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I remember a few months back there was a lot of talk about new iSights that never materialize.

If any new iSight will be released, I think it will be after or alongside Tiger. Not that the iSight does any fancy processing, so I don't think much would change.

A hi-def, widescreen iSight is not going to happen -- at least not for a few years.

So, I guess, if you want/need an iSight, buy it now. Why wait?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I was thinking about the same thing during christmas, because no one knew what to get me. I just gave up and told em to get me an iSight. Anyways, I love it. I don't get to use it too much except for tutoring my friends but, its really cool. I don't see much else they could do with it except maybe some quality in the video, which already is incredibly good for a webcam.

If you want it that bad, go ahead and get it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Yeah i'm going off to college in the summer and was thinking that was a good thing to stay in touch with, especially with my tax refund money that i have now, I think i'll go ahead and get it! thanks
  • Reply 4 of 5
    bjnybjny Posts: 191member
    Perhaps an updated iSight could be smaller, and use white L.E.D.s for illumination.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    LED + Skin Tone = Scary looking person

Seriously, try it sometime. Even multi thousand dollar cameras don't make people look good under LEDs.

Perhaps a new version of he iSight could address this with a more sensitive CCD.