Powerbook Supply Demand

Comments

• Reply 41 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by I Thrash Therefore I Am

Make that, it arrived in San Francisco this morning. Damn fedex tracking for not being up to date.

Anyways, I should get it within 1-3 days.

I don't get how I can be so excited about a big hunk of metal and silicon. I feel like a little kid or something.

Still open ship date on mine.

-PBRules
  • Reply 42 of 101
    For those with far out shipping dates, you may be surprised. On Tuesday Feb 8 Apple notified me that my PowerBook would ship on or BEFORE Feb 24. I received it on Friday, Feb 11, and have been using it all weekend. So, remain hopeful.
  • Reply 43 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Marsh

For those with far out shipping dates, you may be surprised. On Tuesday Feb 8 Apple notified me that my PowerBook would ship on or BEFORE Feb 24. I received it on Friday, Feb 11, and have been using it all weekend. So, remain hopeful.

I ordered my PB a day after IThrash.... but his was out on Friday....no word on mine yet....pmaybe because it's the weekend.
  • Reply 44 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBRules

I ordered my PB a day after IThrash.... but his was out on Friday....no word on mine yet....pmaybe because it's the weekend.

hers*
  • Reply 45 of 101
    Quote:

hers*

oops...sorry....."his" being generic term....for male/female
  • Reply 46 of 101
    Quote:

oops...sorry....."his" being generic term....for male/female

haha, I know, totally cool.
  • Reply 47 of 101
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

i phoned Apple today apparently it's in the Netherlands. BUT it won;t be in the UK till Thursday - bitches! I ordered mine within a few hours. It's really annoying.
  • Reply 48 of 101
    So I got it this morning RIGHT as I was walking out the door to catch my bus to class. Needless to say I took the next one and decided to install on the bus. Anyways I'm sitting at the campus library, and besides the crappy network here, its perfect. Haven't used the backlit yet since its giving me symbols that I can't use it. Is this just because theres enough light or because they shipped me one without a backlit keyboard? For some reason I remember the 15" with the backlit, the keyboard was clear black. The guy across from me has a 15" PB and his keyboard is white

As for the mouse, its fine once you get used to it. Theres really no need to clikc the trackpad since you can tap to select. The trackpad button is very stiff and a lot smaller than the iBook trackpad button (although I don't know how it used to be).

No dead pixels yet.

A longer review will come later with pictures.
  • Reply 49 of 101
    Quote:

So I got it this morning RIGHT as I was walking out the door to catch my bus to class. Needless to say I took the next one and decided to install on the bus. Anyways I'm sitting at the campus library, and besides the crappy network here, its perfect. Haven't used the backlit yet since its giving me symbols that I can't use it. Is this just because theres enough light or because they shipped me one without a backlit keyboard? For some reason I remember the 15" with the backlit, the keyboard was clear black. The guy across from me has a 15" PB and his keyboard is white

As for the mouse, its fine once you get used to it. Theres really no need to clikc the trackpad since you can tap to select. The trackpad button is very stiff and a lot smaller than the iBook trackpad button (although I don't know how it used to be).

No dead pixels yet.

A longer review will come later with pictures.

All 15" PB keys are silver (aluminium colour) and have the backlight. If it wont turn on it's because there's too much light. The old titanium PowerBook had black keys. I've heard that the button is stiff, that's a shame really. I can't wait for mine to arrive now!! Got a tucano second skin today, now I need the PowerBook to go inside it.

Apparently my PowerBook is in Eindhoven! It should be flown from there tonight (well that's my estimation).
  • Reply 50 of 101
    My 17" powerbook was ordered at my university bookstore 1/20/05. As of today it was backordered....... I was so pissed..... I canceled the order and went to the apple store near me. Best move ever since I'am now writing this with my new 17" powerbook! Hopefully you guys don't have to wait any longer, I just happen to luck out.
  • Reply 51 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

All 15" PB keys are silver (aluminium colour) and have the backlight. If it wont turn on it's because there's too much light. The old titanium PowerBook had black keys. I've heard that the button is stiff, that's a shame really. I can't wait for mine to arrive now!! Got a tucano second skin today, now I need the PowerBook to go inside it.

Apparently my PowerBook is in Eindhoven! It should be flown from there tonight (well that's my estimation).

Yeah when I was waiting at the bus stop, I used the backlit. IT RULED! Now I'm gonna put my 512 in and wait til someday my shinza sleeve will come. I'm using this sleeve that came with my moms laptop briefase and its really thing and crappy.

Anyways, tried to take pictures with my iSight and they came out a little too blurry. Sooo..it isn't anything no ones seen before.
  • Reply 52 of 101
    Quote:

Yeah when I was waiting at the bus stop, I used the backlit. IT RULED! Now I'm gonna put my 512 in and wait til someday my shinza sleeve will come. I'm using this sleeve that came with my moms laptop briefase and its really thing and crappy.

Anyways, tried to take pictures with my iSight and they came out a little too blurry. Sooo..it isn't anything no ones seen before.

Brilliant, well good to hear they've improved the backlight. I can't wait for mien to arrive, urgh!!
  • Reply 53 of 101
    I ordered my 15" PB on 1st of Feb, the est shipment date at the time was 15.2.2005.

Just checked the Apple store today and now they've pushed back the date to 3.3.2005!

Over a month? thats ridiculous!
  • Reply 54 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by etai_s15

I ordered my 15" PB on 1st of Feb, the est shipment date at the time was 15.2.2005.

Just checked the Apple store today and now they've pushed back the date to 3.3.2005!

Over a month? thats ridiculous!

whats amazing to me is now they lowered the ship times! on the site it says 4-6 days!

Apple just sne tme a survey to fill out and I told them they need to do something about displaying the times realistically.
  • Reply 55 of 101
    Quote:

whats amazing to me is now they lowered the ship times! on the site it says 4-6 days!

Apple just sne tme a survey to fill out and I told them they need to do something about displaying the times realistically.

More good news for me, at 4:14 this morning it arrived in Maidstone Depot and is now out for delivery. Although it may still be sitting in the warehouse. They have a habit of doing that!! I'll definitely get it by moro though.
  • Reply 56 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacCrazy

More good news for me, at 4:14 this morning it arrived in Maidstone Depot and is now out for delivery. Although it may still be sitting in the warehouse. They have a habit of doing that!! I'll definitely get it by moro though.

It's arrived!!! Pictures will be sent later once I've transferred files and data!! Also got Motion and iWork and wireless keyboard.
  • Reply 57 of 101
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    Be VERY CAREFUL if you're shipping the machine to another country. I've been wondering why my machine's been idling within these borders for a week without hearing anything about it, when BAM! customs tries to squeeze 30% + VAT out of me. That's a freaking grand fro trying to "import" IT technology!!

But a nice guy at the post office (rub eyes, read once more, yes it's true) convinced customs that I'm a student (*ahem*) and that it would suck to stick me with that shit. So BAM! am waiting anxiously for it to arrive tomorrow.

--B
  • Reply 58 of 101
    My powerbook has arrived.

In all its glory.

Ordered: Sun, Feb. 6th

Estimated Shipping: On or before Feb. 22nd

Delayed to: On or before Feb. 28th

Shipped: Feb. 14th

Arrived: Feb. 17th

Product Ordered: PB 15" 1.67 Superdrive w/ 100 GB HD

Delivered to: Racine, WI, USA
  • Reply 59 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by SAukland

My powerbook has arrived.

In all its glory.

Ordered: Sun, Feb. 6th

Estimated Shipping: On or before Feb. 22nd

Delayed to: On or before Feb. 28th

Shipped: Feb. 14th

Arrived: Feb. 17th

Product Ordered: PB 15" 1.67 Superdrive w/ 100 GB HD

Delivered to: Racine, WI, USA

Time to post my pictures - some are blurry and more to follow once my iMac has stopped being stubborn and has got off my desk!!!

Click here
  • Reply 60 of 101
    And i thought I was completely nuts about my new PowerBook I was like a kid at Christmas when I opened the box!