Powerbook Confirmed!!!!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by I Thrash Therefore I Am

ME TOO!@!!!!!!KJEWBN VGKJWEBNR GJBWERTHUGBNWRJ,TGNEWKRJRBHWKRTHG TOTALLY NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did you order yours and with what? I ordered mine on Superbowl SUnday at 730PM pacific with 128MB VRAM and 100GB HD.

-PBRules
  • Reply 22 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBRules

When did you order yours and with what? I ordered mine on Superbowl SUnday at 730PM pacific with 128MB VRAM and 100GB HD.

-PBRules

I originally ordered it an hour after the announcement, and my ship time was 2/03, stock 15" SD. Then moved to 2/17 or something, then 2/22 when I said screw it and just called and upgraded it to 128 vram with 100GB HD on the day before the superbowl around 1pm. I think mines delayed cause I ordered it with the ADC student membership, but who knows. It just pisses me off that I have to wait for a company to send something that I paid over 2 grand for. Maybe if I call and complain they'll give me a shuffle
  • Reply 23 of 47
    HAHHAHAHHAHAH I ordered mine through Education discount. This is my first Mac too and they're keeping me waiting. This blows monkey balls.
  • Reply 24 of 47
    Quote:

HAHHAHAHHAHAH I ordered mine through Education discount. This is my first Mac too and they're keeping me waiting. This blows monkey balls.

This is my..I have no idea.. how many. I've been using em all my life tho. ADC or just regular student?

The main reason this sucks so much is because my new semester starts the 14th, Monday!
  • Reply 25 of 47
    Regular student. I hate my boat anchor they Dell laptop. Man I just wanna play with my new powerbook. My dad fell in love with it after I told him it's a UNIX box. Before that he hated Macs, then I brainwashed him into buying one for me. 8)

-PBRules
  • Reply 26 of 47
    Quote:

Regular student. I hate my boat anchor they Dell laptop. Man I just wanna play with my new powerbook. My dad fell in love with it after I told him it's a UNIX box. Before that he hated Macs, then I brainwashed him into buying one for me. 8)

-PBRules

Haha. I'm the only one in my house who knows how to work a computer. Hell I'm probably the only one who knows how to turn it on. My moms had two iBooks, both of which I'd have to troubleshoot all the time. If I told my mom that mac was unix based, she'd just look very very perplexed. It took me 3 years for her to remember how to check her email. I even put it in her bookmarks bar and she couldnt figure it out. Tabbed browsing? what the hell is that?!? AND WHY WONT THE PRINTER WORK?!1ONEONE? "Durrr...because theres no paper in it?"

Anyways, I just confused her so much with talking about the powerbook I wanted, that she just gave me some of the money for my birthday (which was in September, I've been saving it that long). She even gave me her iPod mini because she didn't wanna figure out iTunes
  • Reply 27 of 47
    Quote:

She even gave me her iPod mini because she didn't wanna figure out iTunes

8)
  • Reply 28 of 47
    Nice, finally.

I too have been waiting since september - having my 18th birthday last september my parents promised me the cash for a powerbook, but I decided to wait for the next revision.

Looks like I'll be getting a 15" superdrive. I've never owned a mac myself, but I moved my parents to an iMac last year from their old Windows box, which has significantly diminished their support requests to me for the computer.

I've been using linux for the last few years and have really gained an interest in macs ever since I found out it too was unix. Can't wait for it to arrive
  • Reply 29 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jeremyh

I too have been waiting since september - having my 18th birthday last september my parents promised me the cash for a powerbook, but I decided to wait for the next revision.

Me too. Exactly.
  • Reply 30 of 47
    Looks like I wont be getting my powerbook until Feb 28, earliest. Just called Apple. This sucks.

-PBRules
  • Reply 31 of 47
    Quote:

Looks like I wont be getting my powerbook until Feb 28, earliest. Just called Apple. This sucks.

-PBRules

Well, right after I posted here, guess what popped up in my email?

Dear Apple Customer,

Apple is pleased to report that a shipment for the following order

is on its way to you.

The following products shipped on 02/11/2005.

Product # Product Description Qty Ext Price

__________ ________________________________________ ____ ________________

Z0B6 PBG4 15/1.67/SD/CTO 1 1,999.00

With the following configuration:

Processor 065-5644 1.67GHz PowerPC G4 w/ 128MB VR.

Memory 065-5597 512MB DDR333 SDRAM - 1 SO-DIMM

Hard Drive 065-5379 100GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400

Optical Drive 065-5286 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

Country Kit 065-5376 Country Kit/AirPort Extreme

Keyboard/Mac OS Language 065-5290 Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS

Custom SW II 065-4681 Not Applicable

• Reply 32 of 47
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? I STILL DIDN"T GET ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 33 of 47
    Quote:

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????? I STILL DIDN"T GET ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'

Considering we ordered at the same time, maybe they'll send yours out soon too?
  • Reply 34 of 47
    Quote:

'

Considering we ordered at the same time, maybe they'll send yours out soon too?

I did mine on SUper Bowl sunday so I'm right after you. Maybe that's good news. 8) It better be good news. Still no email though.

-PBRules
  • Reply 35 of 47
    Quote:

I did mine on SUper Bowl sunday so I'm right after you. Maybe that's good news. 8) It better be good news. Still no email though.

-PBRules

Whats also funny, is that literally minutes after I got my shipment email, I got my email telling me that it had gotten pushed back to the 28th. Then I checked the tracking number and it told me it was sitting in Shanghai
  • Reply 36 of 47
    I ordered 24hours after you did so I should expect an email tomorrow sometime.
  • Reply 37 of 47
    Quote:

Whats also funny, is that literally minutes after I got my shipment email, I got my email telling me that it had gotten pushed back to the 28th. Then I checked the tracking number and it told me it was sitting in Shanghai

Still open. Not yet shipped.
  • Reply 38 of 47
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! It shipped today...well 2/14. My very first mac is on the way. 8) 8)

-PBRules
  • Reply 39 of 47
    Quote:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! It shipped today...well 2/14. My very first mac is on the way. 8) 8)

-PBRules

awesome! I really hope I get mine by tomorrow..I mean..its possible.
  • Reply 40 of 47
    Quote:

awesome! I really hope I get mine by tomorrow..I mean..its possible.

Post your opinions on here....i'll be checking very often